Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Boeing File Structure

Oops!!Thanks Bob. Good to know that someone reads my posts.Best wishesJohn

Guest Ruahrc

This is great stuff. I knew that PSS was going down for a long time (pirates... yeah whatever) but didn't think to do a "fake install" to a blank directory to back up the files. Unfortunately I had to do a complete windows wipe and reinstall just recently (in order to fix OOM problems with FS9 and other apps). Fortunately I have a complete backup of my old system's files on my backup HD so I can use these dumps to pick out the PSS files and back them up and also put them back onto my new install.A question: I don't use the "stock" airbus/dash8 models anymore as I have merges set up via iFDG or POSKY. Can I just forego putting in the stock airbus folders and just copy the relevant gauges and effects folders and have a working airbus, or is there some sort of copy protection wherein I need to have the original directory structure present in order to run the gauges? Similarly, can I do the same thing to my stock 777 folders?Thanks for putting this together!Ruahrc

One question, if I may. When I purchased the B757 and the B777 series, I was asked for a password and a registration or key was installed somewhere so that the gauges and aircraft work. Where is this register so that I can copy it to the backup for a trouble free installation?, should the need arise.Thank you and regards,Christian Conesa.

The interesting thing is that once the a/c are installed, all you need do as a backup is to copy all the files noted in this thread. The password and registration simply served to unlock the installer.DJ

Hi Guys,I just bought a new PC, and I would like to enjoy the Bus and the B777.I have every thing on my old PC running, however, when I copy everything on the new PC as the other PC, FS just crash and shutdown, with my load editor of the bus I get " Run time "13" " with the B777 the load editor is working as I have added the license to the registry.Is there any way I can get these running back?Thanks

For the Load Editor to run, you must have the VB6 runtime (available at Microsoft) installed. You should probably also install the Data Access objects (available at the same place, probably version 2.7) while you're at it...DJ

Guest ghenry540

In my attempt to restore the PSS 757 I find that I do not have the bmp files for the Texture folder. Anyone have any ideas where I might be able to attain these files?ThanksGary

Gary,Re-download from the server. I've just checked and they are still available.John R

Guest ghenry540

John,Thanks, I'll give it a shot.Gary

Guest fullflapsplease

Hi, all.I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I'll give it a shot as it seems quite techie here!I am having terrible problems with the FPS when using my 757.I bought the boxed version from JustFlight which was V1.0 I subsequently downloaded the necessary files to upgrade it to V1.3I am only ever getting FPS between 5-7 and it's basically rendering it unusable.In all of my other complex add-on's with WX, full traffic and scenery upgrades I get 25+ with my FPS locked at 26I've tried zeroing the VC slider in FS and even took it to a grass strip with no traffic and vertually no scenery but still only got 5-7 FPS.Does anyone know how I can inprove the FPS with this product?I was wondering if the effects of the WX Radar are making it drag? I've turned it off in the aircraft and it made no difference.One other thing I noticed was that with this aircraft sat on the ground, at the gras strip as described above, in Task Manager it was placing a 50% load on the CPU with system idle running at 50% this is very high and doesn't happen with other aircraft with everything turned on.Any assistance is greatly welcomed.Cheers.Mark.

Mark, I run both PSS download and the JF DVD versions with no fps problems and, nowadays, they should not be system limited. The PSS wxr radar gauge has never given a problem - one thought do you also have the CS 757??If not, I would first go for a full un-install/re-install as a first try - make sure you clean everything out {manually if necessary}.If this fails, post back and we can look further into your system and file structure.John R

Guest fullflapsplease

>Mark, >>I run both PSS download and the JF DVD versions with no fps>problems and, nowadays, they should not be system limited. >The PSS wxr radar gauge has never given a problem - one>thought do you also have the CS 757??>>If not, I would first go for a full un-install/re-install as a>first try - make sure you clean everything out {manually if>necessary}.>>If this fails, post back and we can look further into your>system and file structure.>>John RJohn, firstly may I thankyou for your reply and offer of assistance.I have finally got to the bottom of the problem after much digging.I had the dsd_xml_tcas.ini file in my Modules folder, I removed it and all is now well.Thankyou again.Mark.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.