Sign in to follow this  
Guest coolfront55

For PSS Co. and those involved

Guest coolfront55

First of all, I would like to say, that by far the aircraft that you have, without question spent long hours at designing, is the best I have ever purchased and seen. I am only saddened that your talents are, hopefully for a short time, dormant. Secondly, I have never felt the need to have patches, to make a SIMULATION GAME run better, as quickly as requested by others. If I wanted the REAL THING, I would take flying lessons, but I'm to old for that now. I am glad though, that it is CLOSE to the real thing. I can only quess at how much time has been spent trying to fix your aircraft to satisfy those of us who enjoy this hobby. I am using FS2004 and am satisfied with it. I don't need or want FSX. I don't know how far Microsoft can go with EYE CANDY. You have accomplished what I enjoy about flight simulation, the FEELING of being a REAL pilot. Thank you for that. Please be assured, I will allows show an interest and be willing to purchase your products. The devotion and cost you have invested is worth MY money. Best regards and hoping all is well or can be made well to all involved.Thank-you for you time,Jorgelongboard55@yahoo.com

Guest coolfront55

PLease, please, please, give me one more oppurtunity to backup my purchases. All I really want is the T7 and 757. PLEASE PSS. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.thanks,Jorge

Jorge,I have much sympathy for you and have no doubt that as time goes by there will be more and more in the same position. Unfortunately with failures such as this at least appears to be, it is usually the customers who suffer. However, I doubt that anyone who could help is reading your posts. The only hope is that someone on the PSS admin side could eventually make data available so that PSS' old customers can be reunited with their purchases.If we could help we would, but none of us on the forum have any contact with PSS.John Rooum

Hello,Thats why everyone in the flight simulation community "MUST NOT PURCHASE" from companies that support this type of online download/install/reinstall procedure. In the end when a company goes under the person who paid for the software is left with nothing.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Micheal, I couldn't have worded it better.If ONLY they could ahve warned us of going off line and had the decency to tell us how to back-up those files they could have earned some browney points for their hopeful return?

Dave Taylor gb.png

The error message you get when you try to access the PSS site is:"The website declined to show this webpage." HTTP 403So the website is aparently still there but is not accessible. I guess no one has paid the hosting service. In which case I'm not surprised there was no warning.All you can do is hope PSS gets reborn like it's mythical namesake, as has been hinted at. I downloaded a backup of all my PSS Files when the official forum was shut by Avsim. That was a strong sign to me that something serious was up, not just rumour. There have been plenty of warning signs over the past few months, even if nothing official from PSS.Other addon companies have suddenly ceased operating, leaving no access to downloads, etc. PSS aren't the first and won't be the last. The best anyone can do is keep a backup of everything you download, even when software is delivered as PSS did.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Pro-Sim

I personally would not waste my time re-downloading any of the products that PSS released beyond 2002's Airbus Pro A320. In the last 5 years there was a total lack of personal commitment from Graham at the helm. He took no interest in staying competitive in the market, improving products as FS evolves, maintaining a relationship with customers, or learning how to work with FSX.PSS are a big disappointment and I'm ashamed that a British developer would just close their site - when their product range relies on connection to that site for re-downloading - and not make any arrangements for customers to access the software they have paid for elsewhere.It's a true disgrace.If you live in the UK, you should contact your local trading standards office and report a formal complaint against PSS (address below). You may at least stand some chance of getting a credit card / debit card refund.******The company info was removed as the company cited was not PHOENIX SIMULATION SOFTWARE but a company that does simulation for the military*****I know it is generally not good to make derogatory comments about FS developers, in this case, PSS have knowingly just walked away from a web-based product system that relies on having access to their web site.I have spent approx

David,Whilst I do understand the frustration on the forum and your criticism of what has happened over the last few months, I do recall discussing the performance of PSS products with you here when the 757 was first released.So are you really the same chap who wrote:""I have in many cases found myself being something of a critic of recent PSS products, based on some quality issues.... However, I have to say that now that i have sorted a couple of gremlins, I think the PSS 757 is a FANTASTIC add-on, that is my current favoutrite...Flight dynamics are first class, truly delightful to fly. VC is great and the overall experience of flying this plane is fab.Love it - well done PSS, I think this is the best add-on you've produced to date""I also have to say I that, from a quick look on the internet, you need to check on that company before you approach Trading Standards.John Rooum

Guest albertomolteni

I only bought the 757, so I guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones, having lost only

Guest coolfront55

Thank you all for your concern. I hope PSS will VERY SOON deal with our issues about our purchases. Sometimes things happen in our lives that require our undivided attention, so I want to give PSS the benefit of the doubt. My only regret is that to fly my favorite aircraft(777) and the 757, I have to purchase from "justflight" a $60.00 product,(times 2 including 757)that I already purchased from PSS, for basiclly the same price. Oh well, as a wise man once said, life sucks and then you die.Hoping for the best,Jorge

Thats the problem though... The Phoenix installer that I downloaded was just that...an installer.My backup of this file still requires access to the PSS site when I run it.Glenn

Guest bjjones

Just found a cache of the T&C,[bLOCKQUOTE]TerminationYou agree that Phoenix Simulation Software, in the sole discretion of Phoenix Simulation Software or their duly authorised representative(s), may terminate any account or membership you may have with us or use of the Web site and remove or discard all or part of your account or membership or any submissions you may have made, for any reason. Phoenix Simulation Software may also discontinue any or all accounts or memberships with or without notice and for any reason. You agree that any such termination of account or membership may be effected without any prior notice, and you agree that Phoenix Simulation Software shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination.[/bLOCKQUOTE]

Guest coolfront55

That is EXTREMELY DEPRESSING, especially when going on line and seeing the 757 and 777 for almost $70.00 US dollars. It's a SHAME that PSS is apparently CHOOSING to not assist customers that LOYALLY supported and purchased their product. Does that mean ANYONE can now share there 757 and 777? Can you also make available all your GREAT paintings of the T7? I love the 777 so much, that I quess I have no other chose, but to purchase the 777 from "Justflight". The only dissappointment is they don't provide the "Continental" livery. Can you provide that livery?ALWAYS HOPING FOR THE BEST,Jorge

I went ahead to JustFlight and re-purchased the PSS addons that I wanted to replace.I didn't replace my PSS Dash 8 because I have an excellent Majestic Dash 8.I did replace the A320 Pro, the A340Pro and the 777 Pro.JustFlight has been around for a long time and I believe they will support the PSS products for a long time to come. I don't want to have to be concerned anymore about PSS. They had a good sim and a good business, but obviously couldn't manage it. That's their problem.I had never really looked at the JustFlight website much before, but looking over it now, I see they have a lot of real good looking add-ons there, so I will probably be a regular customer for them now.Visiting their forums, it looks like they manage their business well and are very concerned about customer support.I only wish that I had purchased my PSS aircraft there to start with.I took a good hit from PSS, but there is nothing anyone can do about it. It is a chance that we take when we purchase the software. A chance that is a result of the widespread piracy that has attached itself to the software industry. It is a burden that the flight sim community has created for itself by searching out and using pirated software. I have concluded that it is best just to shake the dust off and go on.I would caution anyone against even considering exchanging files or using illegal files. We are all tempted to look for a way around this that would be fair to us, but allowing someone to duplicate a copyright file and distribute it in any way, is putting that person, whose intentions are honorable, in a bad legal position that would be very inconsiderate toward the person just wanting to help. Also downloading and using illegal software is what discourages developers from spending the money to create new addons, increases the difficulty for us to activate software that we purchase and drives up the cost of add-on software making it more difficult for our fellow flight simmers to purchase and enjoy the quality simulations.I don't want to start a conversation about this here, but I just want people to look at the big picture. PSS is just one incident that has gone sour. There is a lot of good software developers and a lot of good distributers that should be encouraged and supported by the flight simulation community.

Guest DFS

I saw this in an earlier post:"If you live in the UK, you should contact your local trading standards office and report a formal complaint against PSS (address below). You may at least stand some chance of getting a credit card / debit card refund.Address and info removed as per the note belowWorth noting that this is nothing to do with PSS and is a small (and wholly unconnected) manufacturer of industrial training aids. PSS, Phoenix, Phoenix Simulation Software etc. are not a limited company.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.