Sign in to follow this  
Walouigi

Licence key not Found !!!! please help

Did anyone find a sure 100% guaranteed fix for this, I found some of my aircrafts backed up on an external harddrive and the 777 was one of them however I am having this problem with the load editor, I have run the fs9 registry repair tool and that didn't fix the problem, if anyone knows which one of these solutions worked please tell me.ThanksAnthony

Anthony,Your signature block is taking up half your post.The "100% guaranteed fix" is clearly stated on this forum and is nothing to do with the registry repair tool. Have a look again and if you still do not see the answer post back.John R

I read thru the entire forum, I just didn't want to do anything that could harm my computer without first making sure what the correct answer was, there are many possible solutions stated in this forum and there is more than 1 that have to do with the regedit, I didn't want to do anything before knowing 100% what will fix it and knowing exactly what to do. I am sure the answer lies with regedit but I just don't know which one of the many regedit answers in the forum to go with.Thanks AnthonyPS: I shortened my signature, you were right that was pretty long.

I am afraid to touch the regedit without knowing exactly which one of these posts has the right process. Please Help.thanksAnthony

Anthony,Actually the process is the same for both posts. Its just that Jim is a bit more computer savvy than I am; I came up with the process by trial and error but fortunately it worked first time! Since then, I have done it several times after XP reinstalls:So the how to:1. Click Start then run.2. type regedit in the window and press enter.3. the registry editor will open and you will see a window similiar to windows explorer. In the left pane is a listing of registry folders. You need to navigate to the following folder:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.0Do it just like you would in windows explorer - click on the first folder then on each subsequent folder listed above. Warning: Do not click on anything in the right pane yet!4. When the 9.0 folder is open, look for an entry named VersionCheck in the right window pane. That entry should have a value equal to the long hexadecimal string {the long alphanumeric string} you will find in the aircraft.cfg file of a licensed PSS 777.If it isn't there, you can add it manually.5. To add a new entry with 9.0 highlighted, click edit at the top of the registry editor, then new String Value. You'll see New Value #1 in the right pane, already highlighted and ready to rename. Type in VersionCheck and hit enter.6. Right click VersionCheck and select Modify. An Edit box will popup. Copy the hex string from the PSS 777 aircraft.cfg file in the Value data box and click OK.That should fix the loadedit problem.FINAL NOTE VIP: Registry changes are saved automatically. If you have any doubts about editing the Registry - don't - unless you have a backup of a known good Registry and know how to restore it.Good LuckJohn

Thanks John,I have made it to the final step, I don't know where the hexidecimal code is, The aircraft config has a lot of numbers and I don't know which one to copy.Thanks for the help JohnAnthony

Anthony, Look for this section in the aircraft.cfg { I have removed the real code for obvious reasons}..............................................atc_parking_codes=BAW//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx//Version 2 FDE Rob Young April 2nd 2006[General].................................................Copy the alphanumeric where I have put "xxxxxxxx"Good LuckJohn R

John,I am unsure why I am still having problems, it could be on of the following reasons,I am still getting an error saying "License Key Not Found, Load Editor must be properly installed.1 - I could not find FS9 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but it was under HKEY_CURRENT_USER.2 - I may have changed the location of where FS9 used to be installed, I think I changed the partition it was on.I am also having problems with my 757 Load editor, I get an error saying "Cannot find Flight Simulator Installation Path." this leads me to believe that the reason I am having problems is that I changed the partition fs is on. i don't know how to change the path that the program looks for. I don't know if this is the problem or not.Thanks for helping me John, I really appreciate it.Anthony

Anthony,Changing partitions for FS9 will not give those symptoms unless you did not install fs9 correctly on the new partition.Before you can use the process we have been discussing you must have FS9 installed correctly. This is not a problem with the 777/757, it is a problem with your FS9 installation.Firstly get hold of this registry repair tool from Flight 1:http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exeIt will fix your FS9 registry entry. Then you can look at getting the Load Editors installed correctly.John R

Thank You so much for the help John, I have been searching for a solution to this since the pss site went down.I appreciate it.Anthony

Just to add to this thread. If you are using Vista 64-bit then the registry path will be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftmicrosoft gamesflight simulator9.0hope this helps someoneScott.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm about to migrate my whole installation from XP to a new Vista (Supercomputer) and can anyone point in the right directions for installing the licence keys into a Vista32 installation?I have a complete set of the PSS files (3.71GB no less) that I bought over the years and which by pure chance I chose to backup to a completely separate backup server at home days before PSS went bye-bye, so that 'should' not be an issue - well I hope not, but being Vista and a different file structure anything could happen!!I can see how to do some of this in terms of installing FS9 onto the new box and then dropping files into what I hope will be the right folders as I go (by following the advice contained in various topics here), but I suspect the Regedit & HKEY registry entry on Vista32 will not match either the XP or Vista64 locations.Has anyone done a Vista 32 re-install of these birds? I've got a few days before the new beast arrives.RichardNew Hardware:EVGA 790i SLi w 4GB DDR3 RAM & Intel QX9770Dual XFX 9800GX2 Graphics (Quad SLi)750GB RAID 1 & 1TB DataDell 3008WFP UXGA MonitorRuined by needing Vista 32 rather than XP!!

Guest DaveI

Hello John I have not used the PSS777 for some time and even though the Loadedit worked fine when I last used it I was surprised to find I had a problem today. I tried your fix and it worked first time. Thanks ever so much for your clear and concise post.Best Regards

Hello everyone I know this is a old tread but I have reinstalled my FS9 I have everything working accept I'm getting the license key not found. I followed the instructions to edit the registry, but the question I have is I don't have a file called VERSIONCHECK my file is called VERSIONTYPE? I'm using win xp sp3. Don't know if that will help.Don

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.