Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Is this possible

Goran,Appreciate your concern and I believe that many will have looked at helping those that have lost out. As I said above, I hope that somehow we will eventually be able to help. But:1. JF is still licensed and selling all PSS products. I doubt they would be impressed if someone else appeared to be distributing them.2. Any project like yours would need access to the PSS sales database.3. Also please bear in mind any wider impact on the add-on community as a whole.At present, we have no idea what happened to PSS as an entity last July nor do we know the position of their individual developers other than Ben Jones. So at this stage I believe that we can only be patient and try and help users of PSS products as much as we can.John Rooum

I've been waiting for a post like this to pop up. With PSS seemingly disappearing completely, leaving people who own their products with no way to download them again, it was only a matter of time.1) Just Flight are selling PSS products, but they are only a vendor. Surely it wouldn't be their responsibility if someone was breaching PSS copyright. Yes, they may not be happy, but other than informing PSS (if that's even possible, and judging by their statement regarding the 757 and FSX, I would say not), I don't see what else they can actually do.2) Sounds like he's already downloaded all the files off the server while it was still up. In which case, it's a simple copy and paste into the FS folder.3) I see what your saying. But there's also the other side of the argument, where people have paid for a product that they can no longer download. There's a fine line between piracy and helping customers of a failed company who have been left stranded by them, and as long as proof of purchase type checks are made (if they can be), then I think we fall in the later part.It'll be interesting to see if PSS suddenly pop up again if users do start doing this.

Guest AirForcePilot

I would love to have my files back. I have everything they've made except the Vulcan. I think I might have my confirmation e-mails of my purchases if you'd be so kind to at least send me the 777, 757, dash 8, and airbus pro. I'll even pay you for the disc and the shipping.

Guest coolfront55

What I find especially frustrating, is "JustFlight" had to of purchased the rights to sale PSS aircraft, and they don't have to worry about LOSING these files. And now they can sale as many PSS aircraft as they want and those who buy them don't have to worry about LOSING their purchases. THIS IS MORALLY WRONG!Jorge

So I should just send you what exactly to get the 757 backed up?I have the confirmation e-mail and the installers but no backup file (it didnt work for me for some reason) and I am about to do a major upgrade to my computer

I vote that IF pss doesn't show up JustFlight could charge each of us $5 to get their support and download security if pss would turn over the order information to them. Just a thought of what would be best for the customers while still being a reasonable business deal.

Guest Callmecapt

Everybody send me what you have to prove what you have bought. Then we'll take it from there. Use the email I have provided in the above post I made. Be warned, if i get any emails with fake proof of purchases, I will cease ALL help in this matter. I want to go through this the right way and I will not be a party to anything illegal. Setup files will be ideal because one cannot get a setup file without purchasing the product.Goran

Goran:be very careful with what you are doing. at this time two things are known -* justflight has distribution rights* PSS holds copyrightyour efforts, though seemingly 'moral' can be a violation of JF's and PSS's rights.the law isn't a moral thing, it is about who has the right to do something (and money).you can easily find yourself in legal trouble where YOU owe persons LOTS of money and/or find yourself in prison.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest Callmecapt

Don't worry scoobNothing has been shared or distributed. I just saw the other post where someone found the files on a torrent site. I will state right now that I DID NOT post these files anywhere on the internet. They are still safely on my hard drive.However, what would be the problem if someone sends me their executable files and I send them the DVD for the respective product. The exe files are proof that the person who sent them has actually purchased them. No one can get exe files without a purchase. I have already gotten several emails with executables attached to them and people asking me to help them as JF and PSS have not been as forthcoming.Goran

I have been one of their customers for some years. Even back in 2002 I had worries about their download system e.g. "What happens when PSS disappears, without warning?". I backed everything up, and my worries turned out to be fully justified!

>what would be the problem if someone >sends me their executable files and >I send them the DVD for the >respective product.goran:the issue is you don't have the right to distribute the product. those rights are owned by PSS and justflight (that we know of).--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>Everybody send me what you have to prove what you have>bought. Then we'll take it from there. Use the email I have>provided in the above post I made. Be warned, if i get any>emails with fake proof of purchases, I will cease ALL help in>this matter. I want to go through this the right way and I>will not be a party to anything illegal. Setup files will be>ideal because one cannot get a setup file without purchasing>the product.>Goran>I would also require that they send their full contact information which could be confirmed with the email. That should discourage someone trying to take advantage.This is something that PSS should be doing on their own. They have a database of everyone that purchased the product. Mr. Waterfield is not doing it because he is being irresponsible.Goran is not "distributing" the product. He is providing the copy for those who have already purchased it and can prove it.

Goran,I applaud your enthusiasm {and I have seen your question on the PMDG forum: very brave} but I would continue to urge caution. You must first establish how you are going to confirm someone is a bona fide customer of PSS; the executable proves very little. Also see Scoob's comments: he's been around a while.I am hoping that eventually we might ensure that all genuine customers could recover their files but I believe that this would need access to the PSS sales database. We might even progress even further with the PSS products. I can say no more at present except that I do not want to see the problem confused more than it is now.RegardsJohn

Guest coolfront55

WHAT ABOUT OUR RIGHTS AS CUSTOMERS!!!Jorge

Guest coolfront55

I really don't understand WHY PSS is letting it go to this point. All we want is the ability to download and save OUR PURCHASES. Whats so hard about that?Jorge