Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris1308

Looking for Kenya Airways PSS 777 Repaint

I(and many others) fly the meljet with the pss panel, by using the pss airfile and aircraft.cfg (minus contact points and lights sections).Guy

Guest Chris1308

Thanks for that but I want it for the PSS one. Can noone help me. I would pay for it if it

I am also looking for this repaint - it is not in the list of repaints available here either.Is there any reason why - now the company has folded and shown complete disdain to its customers in the process - that all their liveries cannot be uploaded to AVSIM as a permanent backup? You were kind enought to publish a list of the user edits a few weeks ago so this would be a help as well.In terms of intellectual ownership and copyright laws if a company takes our money then goes into liquidation who owns the right to these files? Shouldn't they be made available to the flightsim community who got ripped off? If they were it would encourage other companies who think they can treat customers the way PSS has done to hesitate before pulling the plug.This is not a rant - just a thought. I backed up all my files as suggested and did a test reinstall which worked perfectly. I didn't get round to buying the entire livery package for the 777-200 and never understood in the first place why we had to pay extra for these liveries. At least they discontinued this practice with the 757.John

Guest vrandar

>>Is there any reason why - now the company has folded and shown complete disdain to its customers in the process - that all their liveries cannot be uploaded to AVSIM as a permanent backup?We do not know the current legal status of the company. Until we hear formally it has to be assumed that PSS still owns the copyright to their products and has not assigned that copyright to anyone else, so there will be no uploading of files to avsim.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Thanks for the comment Rob. All we can do is wait patiently until the status is clarified - but the support here on this forum is welcome in the meantimeJohn

Guest bjjones

>In terms of intellectual ownership and copyright laws if a>company takes our money then goes into liquidation who owns>the right to these files?In the case of textures, the ownership should revert to me... I'll have to hunt down the contract and see if there is any mention of IP.

Guest Chris1308

>>In terms of intellectual ownership and copyright laws if a>>company takes our money then goes into liquidation who owns>>the right to these files?>>In the case of textures, the ownership should revert to me...>I'll have to hunt down the contract and see if there is any>mention of IP.And... Will we get the textures when you have the ownership? (Or have I got the chance to get/buy the Kenya Repaint from you?)

Guest bjjones

[blockquote]And... Will we get the textures when you have the ownership?[/blockquote]We'll cross that bridge when (and if) we get to it.[blockquote]Or have I got the chance to get/buy the Kenya Repaint fromyou [/blockquote]Email me.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.