Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cornell Lloyd

Inertial Position Crash To Desktop

Guest Cornell Lloyd

Good evening gentlemen,Earlier in the week (Sunday to be exact), I had (or so I thought) a brilliant idea. I decided to reformat my desktop, I figured that I'd get a lot of crap off of my computer and that maybe FS would see a little bit of improvement. To my surprise, it actually did but I did have one problem. My PSS 757 crashes to desktop every time I try to set my inertial position. Not exactly sure why? Any ideas?

"reformat my desktop"???Please explain exactly what you did and then we might be able to help.John R

Guest Cornell Lloyd

I reformatted my desktop computer. Sorry, should've been more clear.

So you re-formatted your hard drive then re-installed windows and all your programmes including FS9? Is this correct.If so, how did you re-install the 757?John R

Guest Cornell Lloyd

That is correct. I, then, reinstalled the PSS using the folders that were saved via disk from before the reformat.

You are quite right that re-formatting etc will give improvement. Good thing to do fairly regularly.To the 757. I have never heard of this specific problem; however, I recommend that you check very carefully that you have pasted all the files across correctly into correct folders. There are details so that you can compare in other posts and do not forget voronoi.dat.Next check your FS9 start procedure as discussed again in other posts.Sorry I cannot be more specific; post back if these ideas do not help and we can try something else.John RPS I assume your are still Win XP?

Guest Cornell Lloyd

Looks like the voronoi.dat file made it work. Thank you for the help, FOD.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.