Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PSS B772LR - Flare

Guest franksalot

I've been so busy getting my PSS T7 flying again, and must say, with a lot of help from people on this Forum, I'm delighted with the result.However, (have you noticed there is always a 'however' :) ) after watching a Recording of my last couple of landings I've noticed that the touchdown (autoland) is quite flat, originally there was an appreciable 'nose up' attitude! I wonder if anyone can advise me how to correct the problem? I have tried to contact Johan Dees via his website but have not had a response.Ken

Hello Ken,How flat is flat? The PSS 777 is stable on the GS and touches down at about + 2 1/2 degrees pitch if you maintain the programmed Vref. Below 30 ft, there is only minimal pitch change as the rod starts to reduce. This has been commented on before {usually in terms of lack of a flare and "FS passengers don't like it"}.As a comparison, the PMDG 747 {I have to use this as I have never flown a 777 and we are still an unofficial forum{!!} flies the GS at +3 degrees pitch and increases to +4 degrees in the flare. If you want to get more nose up, before playing with the FDE, just change your approach speed. Try it at VRef -5 and VRef -10. The former is enough to give you a couple degrees more pitch and flare. It is quite safe and will also knock something off your landing run!John Rooum

Guest franksalot

Thanks for your reply John, I'll try that and report back.Ken

Guest franksalot

Hello John, that was much better, I used a Vref of 135 when the CDU gave 141. Thank you for your help.See attached .jpgKen

Guest franksalot

Hi John, another pic. I think it's just right, now.Ken

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.