Sign in to follow this  
Guest kiwiwanabe

757 Cold Weather Starts

Guest kiwiwanabe

Hi All,I was starting a flight from KORD and followed the normal cold and dark start methods, but was not able to start the engines. Everything acted normal, but they wouldn't kick in. They would spool back down after reaching approximately 23.1 N2.I did some experimenting: rebooted computer, restarted FS9, all the normal stuff, but engines simply wouldn't start.I then placed the aircraft at an airport with warmer weather; engines started just fine. I then tried several locations some cold, some warm. No problem starting in the warm areas, but no cold weather starts. So, clearly there is a procedure I'm missing.I looked through the documentation, but didn't find anything helpful.Any guidance would be much appreciated....Many thanks,Russ

Known bug. I think the limit is about -5C, below which they won't start. Only option would be to adjust the temperature while starting, and then set it back after start. Bit of a pain though.

Phil Brown

Guest kiwiwanabe

Thanks for that Phil....A fair weather aircraft she be.....Cheers,-Russ

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,590.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now