Sign in to follow this  
Guest fotieno

Raising Pilot Seat

Is it possible to raise the seat position when in normal cockpit mode ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Christopher!Yes it is.I have heard that there are variations but this is what works for me with FS2002 Pro.Raise seat in increments = Shift + EnterLower seat in increments = Shift + BackspaceLower seat all the way = SpacebarHope this works for you and good luck!Cheers!Heather

Heather,Your instructions raise and lower the EYEPOINT, not the seat ! This is not what I'm looking for. I want to be get a better view through the cockpit window, which would involve moving the panel DOWN. Can this be done ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. I take it you're Australian ?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Heather 636

Ah, I see. Misunderstood, sorry. No idea how to accomplish what you wish. You might try posting this same thread in the MSFS Aircraft and Panel Design Forum.Aussie? No. American; but I have had a fair number of Aussie friends.Sorry I couldn't be more help to you.Cheers!Heather

Chris,You can "grab" the top of the panel with your mouse & then drag it down. Then grab the bottom of the background scenery to fit.There are various 3rd party add-on aircraft that make this function automatic by clicking on the top of the panel to give a "landing view"........... like the FU series.L.Adamson

That last comment is very interesting Larry. I will have to see if something like that can be designed for my current favourite aircraft (BA Jetstream 41). The problem with dragging the average panel down the screen is that everything gets squashed !Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Heather,Sorry about the misunderstanding. I mistook your "accent" for an Australian one !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

> The problem with >dragging the average panel down the screen is that >everything gets squashed ! It shouldn't squash anything. The panel & background are two different windows.P.S.----- I remember you liked the Flight Unlimited series :)

Larry,Your memory is accurate ! As for the panel, there is no way of hiding the lower part to provide a VFR cockpit view. Therefore, dragging it down can't do anything BUT squash it ! If you know otherwise, then please elaborate !!!Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Unless we're talking two different things here.....1st pic------- default 182, 2nd------panel is lowered, 3rd is my takeoff, pattern, & landing choice. Ctrl enter to move seat back, shift enter to move it up, & then the hat switch to roll up/down & sideways. Also use shift Z for quick airspeed readouts--- when needed.

>There are various 3rd party add-on aircraft that make this >function automatic by clicking on the top of the panel to >give a "landing view"........... like the FU series. >>L.Adamson Two excellent aircraft that incorporare this feature are the FSD Piper Cheyenne 400 and the Flight1 Cessna 421 Golden Eagle.David

>Two excellent aircraft that incorporare this feature are the >FSD Piper Cheyenne 400 and the Flight1 Cessna 421 Golden >Eagle. >And the Dreamfleet Archer. I have all three------ great aircraft!!L.Adamson

>>Two excellent aircraft that incorporare this feature are the >>FSD Piper Cheyenne 400 and the Flight1 Cessna 421 Golden >>Eagle. >>>And the Dreamfleet Archer. I have all three------ great >aircraft!! >>L.Adamson Right you are. Don't know how I left that one out!David

Chris,I found this some time ago, works for me. Try it, if it doesn't do what you want, delete it.In your panel.cfg file, just below the section named WINDOW TITLES, insert the section named VIEWS (use square brackets). The number in VIEW_FORWARD_DIR will set your cockpit view. Play with the number till it's what you want. 2.0 seems fine.// FS2002 Generic Digital Panel for 2-engine Jetwindow00=Instrument Panelwindow01=Boeing 767 Upperwindow02=FPDA Pushback Panelwindow03=BSATCwindow04=KingAirAudioMarkersetwindow05=Fuel StatusVIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.0,0.0,0.0VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.85Cheers,Bob

Yo Chris.....Sorry I can't help you with your problem... Still a newbie myself...Just a little dig! (Hope you won't be offended!)It's nice to see such an ardent FU3 fanatic posting on this forum...WELCOME ABOARD!!Don't get me wrong, I still like FU3, BUT! for a Kiwi, it's nice to be able to fly around the old home turf........ Hope you get as much enjoyment out of Fs2k2 as I do, once you get to grips with it....It kinda grows on you.....Maybe I'll see you around at 15000ft. sometime.....Happy flyingCheers//Tonni