Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

Temporary Site for Installs

I recently purchased a new game computer, and am flying on line with BAW. I will shortly be gaining enough hours to make senior captain. I want to fly the Concorde, but guess what, I can't download it. I just want to be able to download it at least one more time so I can back everything up, like I didn't do before. My bad. It's like being a kid again, waiting for Christmas morning to arrive, and it never gets here. PLEASE GVE ME MY CONCORDE. I feel much better now that I've posted this, so I guess I'll wait silently by for the next 6 to 12 months waiting for a new development. You all have a nice day.John

John I guess th eold line " live in hope die in disappointment" springs to mind.It really is a pity that someone connected with PSS or its resurrection hasnt had the balls, decency, common sense or courtesy to come to this forum and say"hey guys its not going to happen " or " in a couple of weeks".Gutless to a tee. And before anyone comes the unfair tripe, save your breath. Is this the way a "professional" outfit treats its customers? Bollocks.______________________________________Rob YMA002 - Compass Airlines Australia - Stretch your wings, Australia.2846.png

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Guest Captain Jack Sparrow

John -- the Concorde is also readily available on P2P clients as well if you are already a licensed user. :-)Just download it, unrar/unzip it, place the files in the proper places in your FSdirectory and fly :-)As for which P2P client you use, that's up to you, but I highly recommend Emule Plus. Anything PSS can be found on there to back up -- including the fonts that were missing in the 757 for a while.<> because I can't type too well without 50,000 typos. Sorry.

Jack, You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what is a P2P client, and yes I am a licensed user. You'll have to enlighten me on this please.:)

Guest kick

P2P means Peer to Peer, it's a way to share as free all stuff you looking for, but you have to download first a soft which will organize your computer's files you would like to share with the web community.One of the soft is Emule Plus, as you notice Captain Jack Sparrow is a pirate who encourage you to do this ! -;)I hope for you, your skillness is about firewall, because you will have to be aware with, otherwise you will have a lot of worries. Go there and you will understand everything :http://emuleplus.info/For sure it's at your own risk !CheersKick

"as you notice Captain Jack Sparrow is a pirate who encourage you to do this !" ARRRR! Hee hee.Well I love pirates offline, and am a HUGE POTC fan (I actually play Jack Sparrow at Renaissance festivals, hence the username :-) ), but I will say I do not promote piracy of FS products. That's why I emphasized the importance of being a LICENSED CUSTOMER before you even think of downloading the files you have a license to. If the cops snoop in saying "pirate", then you can say, "Nope -- customer. :-) " Even though PSS is out of business, they cannot evade a court order for the records that prove you have a right to those files. :-) Out of business or not, the owner or prior owner is required to keep those files on hand permanently.I do agree with kick though that P2P is always at your own risk. DEFINITELY have a good virus scanner and be knowledgeable in firewall ops. That's a HUGE plus to have because there are many morons out there who get kicks out of planting viruses in these files playing "vigilante" against actual pirates.

Thanks Kick and Jack, but I think I will wait and see what develops with PSS.

Guest kick

Ok, let's be clear enough :When you will get a hand user license because you perchased a soft, that means you will get the right to enjoy the soft without time limitation, but not to share it with other without having the express permited of the right's owner. Otherwise you would be assimilate as a pirate. That exactly means piracy.Don't forget having that point in mind ! :-)CheersKick

LOL. hard to get express permission from an entity that no longer ( and never will again) exists :-)

I just posted in the UNNOFICIAL PSS FORUM and guess what?Its got to be approved!!!!Can someone tell me what is unnoficial about this please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I don't understand what you mean - this forum is no more or less protected than the general FS2004 forum. No approval by anyone is required. Messages appear immediately.It is unofficial because PSS has gone out of business and all support and discussion here is from users; there is no affiliation between the old PSS company and anyone here. You can think of it as the FS2004/FSX forum with discussion limited to problems/solutions for the PSS aircraft.DJ

>I don't understand what you mean - >DJThen you better read my post again eh?

Dave Taylor gb.png

You just got all the answer you'll get from me.DJ

Guest NormanB

>I just posted in the UNNOFICIAL PSS FORUM and guess what?>>Its got to be approved!!!!>>Can someone tell me what is unnoficial about this please?Dave,That text at the top of the forum is a remnant from years ago. It used to be (circa Concorde / 777) that posts were held in a moderation queue - something I was very against and managed to persuade against.Since then, and certainly not now, posts are available immediately.

Hi Norman, hope your well mate and enjoying family life.Thanks for replying but, it is still the same. I replied to the Concorde posting that someone asked for opinions on the difference between the PSS and the SSTsim version?I have both Norman as I have moved on now to more complex aircraft since the days when you helped me get started :-)Keep well Norm and thanks.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.