Sign in to follow this  
aentwis

PSS/JF 757: MCP nightlighting in the VC

For anyone annoyed or bothered by the dark/ nigh on invisible digit displays on the MCP in the VC at night, I have spent a little hard-earned free time trying to find at least a temporary work-around.I noticed that the 757-300RR is particularly badly hit. The VC flood lighting effect is controlled by FX_PSS_Panel_light. The aircraft.cfg for the 753R contains the section: [lights]...I added a new line:light.9 = 7, 85.02, 0, 3.40, FX_PSS_Panel_lighteffectively adding a new light to the flood circuit.This improves brightness on the MCP, and makes the digit displays a lot more visible than they were before.This is not a fix or patch, just a temporary work-around, as the real patch would need to address making the actual digits brighter in the VC MCP, as are the fuel weight and cabin temp indicators on the overhead panel.I have only looked into the 753RR so far. No doubt, a bit of optimisation might improve the other aircraft in the 757 line up...Hope this helps a bit...Andrew

Andrew,If you search the Boeing forum, you will see that this was a problem in the first releases. A user edit similar to yours was developed and put on the forum.However, a proper fix was included in last summer's update and I have just run through all the models and all seem ok. I am not sure how JF do the packaging, but if you post the size and date for your PSS757.gau file, I can try and check the version.John Rooum

Thanks for replying.I did check and found only posts relating to the problem with no solutions...I will certainly check again.I can check the file size and date of the PSS757.gau...It would be very annoying if JF have packaged an old version... It is not the first issue I have had with JF over the 757...;)Andrew

Andrew, A quick follow up {I have just been re-installing some old files to check}. Please could post the name and the date of the .mdl file that is giving the problem.John Rooum

To be honest, not one of the 757 models I have tried out so far (752RR, 752PW, 753RR) has MCP digit display backlighting...I'm at work right now, so I cannot check on version numbers/dates and file sizes...Perhaps if you could send me the data via PM, and I'll compare with my install???What do I do if I have an older version installed? I purchased via JF...Perhaps they are distributing V1.2 or previous?Andrew

Andrew,Not with my FS9 system at the moment. But, having thought further, I am pretty sure that the problem is with the mdl file. I'll be back on this afternoon and evening so if you can post the mdl file details when you can, I will check back through the various PSS releases.John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.