Sign in to follow this  
Jim Harnes

757 Load Editor

After a reinstall of FS and manual install of the 757, I'm getting the following error msg when attempting to use the load editor:system.io.directorynotfoundMy FS directory changed to default with the reinstall. And the manual 757 install means there is no registry entry for the 757.Anyone have experience when this error?Jim Harnes

Yep, I think you need to go to your pss/757 and create a new shortcut from the load icon in there, if you are using the icon in the pss/757 folder and it doesn't work I don't know what to tell you but I have had this problem with the shortcut on the start menuHope I helpedAnthony

Jim,If you do a search, there is one example of this on the Boeing forum. Cured by a re-install of some kind {I suspect of FS9 so it might be worth trying an FS9 repair}.John R

John,Roger that. However, absent the PSS installer it doesn't appear that is a viable solution.I'm thinking the PSS 757 installer writes the FS path someplace and, as my FS path changed subsequent to the last PSS install, I'm probably dead in the water until/if access to installation files is possible.Jim Harnes

Jim,I don't think so. I have copy/pasted the 757 into a fresh install of FS9 with no problems. He may have been talking about the FS9 install?It might be worth resetting the FS9 registry entry with the F1 tool.John R

John,I have a fresh FS9 install and I've run the F1 tool several times. No joy. Since I get the system io error, I presume the load editor is not finding the FS9 directory.Too may addons to change the FS9 directory back to what it was when the PSS 757 installer last ran. I might try a temporary rename and see if the load editor functions. Will post back with results.Jim Harnes

Jim,An odd one. Googling your error shows just how odd and difficult to resolve.The only way I can reproduce it is to make an error in the directory structure of FS9 or if I do not install all six versions of the 757 {when you start the load editor, it first looks to check that all six versions are present with an aircraft.cfg file; if not it will give this error}The only other suggestion I have seen has been Net Framework. This caused problems intially and I don't think it was ever resolved. I could use the load editor with or without!Also, the final version of the LE was V1.01.John R

John,When I did the manual reinstall did not include one of the versions, so that was the problem. Wasn't aware of the requirement for all to be installed.Seems the software should be intelligent enough to allow for such matters.Thanks for the vector :)! All is now well in my PSS house.Jim Harnes

"An intelligent computer"Now there's a non sequitor. Glad its fixed.John

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.