Sign in to follow this  
Guest CodyHallowell

Reinstalling the PSS 757?

Everyone is very welcome. We all owe special thanks to Ben Jones who was good enough to provide the fonts and a number of paints at http://www.xsimulate.net/temp/PSS ...I'm a relative newcomer to these planes - I got them from JustFlight recently. I must say they are very well done, and I really enjoy flying them; the 757 especially. Obviously they aren't perfect, but neither are any of the other high line payware jets that I have.DJ

Guest ruudopdeweegh

Hi folks,Being one of the victims of this tragedy, I am depending on the original server. I had a complete computer crash and had to re-install Windows XP Home edition SP2 included. Now I can't install my PSS Concorde, PSS Boeing 757 and PSS Boeing 777 anymore. :-(I will never download this kind of software anymore without having the complete package. I believe "Just Flight" offers the complete package, am I correct?Kind regards,Ruud.

JustFlight offers the complete package(s) for the 757/777/A320/Concorde/Dash-8 with the downloads patched to the latest levels. CD versions have patches in the support area that must be installed to bring things up to date.Regards,DJ

Ruud,Did you have to format your hard drive; or at least the portion with the FS9 folder. If not we can talk you through a manual re-install.If you have really lost the lot, JF have them all for sale and do provide some added value. For example, their printed manuals are a big extra {and the Concorde is particularly good} and the 757 also has a good VC on/off option if you need it. The aircraft are fully updated to the latest PSS standard {indeed the 757 has a couple of bugs fixed which were still in the final PSS release!}Download or CD/DVD is a personal choice but they do seem to react quickly and get the CD away in a couple of days at most.John RPS And, no, I am not a member of JF!!

Guest ruudopdeweegh

Hi John,Did you have to format your hard drive; or at least the>portion with the FS9 folder. If not we can talk you through a>manual re-install.Unfortunately I had to re-install Windows that means all "old" data is lost at the C drive. It also means all files at the C-drive, stored by PSS installs, are gone as well. As I did not realize at the time PSS has gone, I used the install file(s) with negative result. So I removed everything from the PSS software from the D-drive where the simulator resites and tried again. Of course with negative reslut again.This means I only have the install files left which keep on looking for the server that does not excist anymore as I know now.Thanks for your offer to manual install but as I understand now it is not possible anymore.>If you have really lost the lot, JF have them all for sale and>do provide some added value. For example, their printed>manuals are a big extra {and the Concorde is particularly>good} and the 757 also has a good VC on/off option if you need>it. Well I really don't need the manuals for the 757 and 777 but without the Concorde manual I still can't fly with it. The question is if I download software from JF, do I get the complete package without the need to be online (perhaps except for the registration) or do I have to download other files like it used to be at Phoenix?It is in fact a shame: pilots like me lost a relatively lot of money through this.Anyway thanks so far. I have to buy them again I am afraid.Regards,Ruud> The aircraft are fully updated to the latest PSS standard>{indeed the 757 has a couple of bugs fixed which were still in>the final PSS release!}>>Download or CD/DVD is a personal choice but they do seem to>react quickly and get the CD away in a couple of days at>most.>>John R>>PS And, no, I am not a member of JF!!

Guest ruudopdeweegh

DJ,Thanks for the info. I will gently ask :-bigangel my wife and look her in the eyes :-)Regards,Ruud.>JustFlight offers the complete package(s) for the>757/777/A320/Concorde/Dash-8 with the downloads patched to the>latest levels. CD versions have patches in the support area>that must be installed to bring things up to date.>>Regards,>DJ

Ruud,A great pity. PSS put very little in the C: drive and nothing that could not be easily replaced from this forum. All the PSS files you would need were in your FS9 root folder on your D Drive.Ah well: C'est la vieBut if we can do anything else to help, please post back.John R

Guest ruudopdeweegh

Hi there John.Thanks for your kind offer to help. As soon as I get home I will discuss the whole matter with my financial manager :-smile12 And I will let everybody about my findings.Regards,Ruud>A great pity. PSS put very little in the C: drive and nothing>that could not be easily replaced from this forum. >>All the PSS files you would need were in your FS9 root folder>on your D Drive.>>Ah well: C'est la vie>>But if we can do anything else to help, please post back.>>John R>>>>>

Guest guswhite3

I'll jump in here ... I have a new computer with Vista. FS9 and FSX are installed and running well, but I have not been able to understand how to manually re-install the PSS-757 and 777 on the new computer. All files and installation are still present on the old computer and I am networked. How do I move the files from the old (XP) computer to the new (Vista) computer? I have tried, but when I try to load the 757 or 777 in FS9, the FS immediatley crashes. Can you walk me through it?In order to deal with some of the Vista file-sharing issues in "Program Files", I installed FS9 in a different directory from the default - it is not in "Program Files/Microsoft Games".Gus

Guest ruudopdeweegh

DJ,Now I am home I searched for that package you informed me about but I only find the individual packages but not the complete one.I guess you meant the individual packages:Boeing 777 Professional... Euro 44,95Concorde Professional.......Euro 29,95Boeing 757 Professional... Euro 44,95-------------------------------------------Total..............................Euro 119,85Nice! But that kind of money I never paid in the past. The Concorde I recall was a special offer from PSS : Euro 10,00 The 777 took something like Euro 32,95 as far as I can remember...I think I take the 777 once again.Thanks everybody for your replies!Kind regards,Ruud.>JustFlight offers the complete package(s) for the>757/777/A320/Concorde/Dash-8 with the downloads patched to the>latest levels. CD versions have patches in the support area>that must be installed to bring things up to date.>>Regards,>DJ

Ruud,Unless you want really long long haul, I would also think about the 757. In my view as it was developed later, it was an improvement on the 777.John R

Guest ruudopdeweegh

Hi John,My long hauls took normally 9 to 14 hours and especially the triple 7 I use to take for flights > 11 hours (TNCB-EHAM-WSSS-YPPH, so a three leg trip) At economical speeds and altitudes approx 10 hrs, 12 hrs and 14 hours legs of course a lot depending on the weather.As the speed below FL100 using the PMDG 747 was not automatically reduced less than 250 kts (I always got penalties as at FL98 my speed still was more than 250) I used to fly the triple 7 of PSS as that worked pretty good. Using the 777 for long hauls I was very satisfied, I want to fly it again.I will wait a while buying the 757 and Concorde. I still have a freeware Concorde and with Fspassengers is still is a huge challenge to fly the beauty from TNCB to LPPT.Have a great one!Ruud>Ruud,>>Unless you want really long long haul, I would also think>about the 757. In my view as it was developed later, it was>an improvement on the 777.>>John R

Guest ruudopdeweegh

Well... I decided to buy the 777 Professional.... Result? Murphy's Law.. After installation, the simulator does not proceed further than the introduction window. :-hangAfter de-installing the Triple 7 again, the simulator starts up again, but I think I must look for another thread.I would say, why not a try out period for2 weeks or so...regards,Ruud.

Ugh ....... !!See you on the JF ForumJohn

Guest ruudopdeweegh

I already posted my problem up there.CU!Ruud.>Ugh ....... !!>>See you on the JF Forum>>John

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.