Sign in to follow this  
Guest CodyHallowell

Reinstalling the PSS 757?

Guest CodyHallowell

Hello all I recently had to reinstall my Flight Simulator (texture issues) and as result most of my payware aircraft have problems. As I was sorting out all these problems I ran into an issue with my PSS 757 2006 package. When ever I start flight simulator (even if I start in the "default flight") using the PSS 757 the program crashes. I also can't open any of the fuel or passenger loaders. So, I want to reisntall my PSS 757 package, but with their recent closure I am finding it impossible. This is the message I get: > Cannot Connect to Data Server. Please Try again later. > This is due to a communixation error or high brandwidth demands I have my password and user name to prove I am a legitimate owner and really want to get my 757 back in the skies. Please, anyone know what I can do, is there some sort of alternate server?

cody:the server for accessing the product is off-line as PSS is not a company at the moment.there is hope a PSSv2 will come together. see the link below (pay special attention to the second to last paragraph in this letter from a. waterfield) -http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Unfortunately, that is not going to help much, waiting on the off chance that the company will rise like its namesake out of the ashes...Something needs to be done about this, and fast, perhaps by providing an offline installer to legitimate owners. There seem to be quite a few people affected by this...Andrew

Guest CodyHallowell

">Something needs to be done about this, and fast, perhaps by>providing an offline installer to legitimate owners. There>seem to be quite a few people affected by this..."I completly agree, I love the product and I fly it the most out of all payware aircraft. Its just such a common aircraft and truly a wonderful aircraft. I find it a bit unfair that I purchased the product and now can't use it... Please PSS, provide me a simple way if reistalling!

Unfortunately there isn't going to be a simple way of installing it until PSS is again a viable company. I'm cringing at the thought of manually installing the 777 and 757. Fortunately I have all of the files...unfortunately I have to install them the hard way.

Guest isiattie

Same trouble here.I changed my PC on the 15 of february and when I wanted to reinstall all of my add ons, I came to the surprise that i couldnt.Unfortunately, I dont believe I have a copy of the files, i dont think PSS allows for files to be saved?But still, There should be some kind of connection, at least for the ones who already have purchased the product, i understand why the new purchases have to wait, and I also understand that the website might have been going through very difficult times, but still a costumer should be able continue using what was once purchased.thats my two cents, and also i hope we get an option for installing it soon, its been over a month already.Cheers

PSS is out of business. Period - full stop. It is possible that a new company may be formed, but that remains to be seen. New purchases may be made via Just Flight.DJ

Guest Piper_Pilot

Hey guys,So I have had my 757 installed and running and all is well. Well that is until recently. When I go to load the airplane, the panel loads then about 5 sec later, the sim crashes and it throws a pss-757.gau error. It does the same thing for the 777. What can I do.Thanks,Adam Yeagle

Well, first the usual questions...What are your system specs, and what has changed? If everything was running fine, and now no longer runs, something - no matter how seemingly trivial - changed. Do you start up with the default flight and then switch to the PSS plane once the Cessna is all loaded? Have you installed OS updates? A new graphics card? New drivers? Did you switch from XP to Vista? We need more information to have a hope of helping you. I also suggest you start a new thread so that your question doesn't get lost in this one.DJ

Guest mannyrivera

OK I have given in I couldnt stand the fact that I was not flying the 757. I went browsing thru my external hard drive and found that I had backed up every file I had before my fs9 had crashed. I have managed to reinstall my PSS 757, But there is a slight problem . I cannot view any of my digital gauges. I have everything else like all the analogs, But there is no FMC no digital gauges like EICAS, Engines EICAS, HSI, Attitude Indicator Etc. Can anyone help with this problem. I spent about two days now trying to figure out which file I need to copy from my external hardrive to finally get this bird back to 100%.Thank You !!!

It sounds as though you need to find Baloo.ttf and IRS_____.ttf and drop them in the Windows/Fonts subdirectory...DJ

Guest mannyrivera

Where do I find these files ????

Guest mannyrivera

DJ - Thanks a million dude !!!I have managed to reactivate all my PSS products. I am so happy.I must say, I pretty much figured it out all by myself. Except the Gauges couldnt put that one together. LIke I said DJ thanks again, couldnt do it with out your help !!!Happy Again !!!............. LOL

I thank you as well! Considering I may have the same issue when I manually install the 757/777, it was good to see the link you provided for the fonts.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.