Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Johann Dees tweaked FDS?

Hi Can someone direct me to his site or where I can find the modified fde?By the way, with this modification, the 777 is a very good addon, especially with regards to VNAV!An other thing: has someone tried to play with the AP_control_coeffs.dat file to give a tighter speed control?Thank you.Just read the FAQ: no means to avoid reinstalling in case of the load editor error?Thank youghiom

Ghiom,1. See this new forum below for resolving the Load Editor problem without re-installing via the PSS site.2. Do a search on the old Boeing forum for your other questions.John R

Hi GhiomJohan Dees's site is located here:http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johanThere is lots of stuff there. You should find what you are looking for there.You have not given enough explaination of your load editor errors, ie for which plane and what flight sim etc, in case there is a simple solution?best regardsJohn Calleja (BAW352 armchair pilot)

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Thanks for your help.It did work.I am flying again with the PSS 777. Great airplane, great VC.Two issues:When I select To2-60 for take-off and I reach higher altitute, I want to revert back to non-derated climb TO0. However, it does not seem to work as the N2 target is still below the 100s and the v/s still low....2nd issue, When I disconnect the AP on approach and fly manually I have the feeling that the AC is flying INTO the wind rather than being pushed by it. You see what I mean? As if the reaction was opposite to what it should be. Has someone noticed that too?Thank you again.

Same again here.Struggling to climb at CLB and N1=94.5 at 35000 feet.Why does the N1 target go to 101.7 when I select CLB climb mode?Otherwise, this is a very good airplaneHope it is getting developped further...RegardsGhiom

What does the CDU give you for optimum and max altitude? You could be too heavy.Jim Harnes

No, most of the time, I fly short haul so I am very very light. The FMC advises FL380-400.The problem is that I cannot revert form an initial CLB2 climb out to a non-derated one. I finish my climb at 94.5 N1 and when it switches to CRZ, it goes to a limit of 105, approx.For me, I should provide max N1 if I go to full CLB mode.This issue was also in ver1.2 of the 757 and was solved in the latest patch 1.3.Apart from that, the 777 is very good. Too bad they chose to model a 200LR. A 777-200A, or 200Er would have been more judicious considering the number of airlines using it and the variety of routes.Do you think I could derate the thrust and obtain the behaviour of a -200 series, in terms of climb? or the FMC is tuned for a 200LR.Thank you.Just a final remark. Too bad so many addons left unfinished:the two last PSS products, Wilco 737, wilco airbuses, etc...So frustrating.Only the LDS 767 and PMDG 737 have been finished and made to the perfection FS9 can afford.Just my comments.RegardsGhiom

I am able to change from CLB1/2 to CLB using the CDU. However, don't recall details of how the N1 reacts. Will check on the next flight.I also do not use VNAV until I'm cleared to final cruise alt. At 1000 AFE I go to FLC and set vref30+80 until flap retraction alt. That keeps the speed under control. The PSS FMC does not provide automatic washout of derates, so I select climb thrust in the CDU at about 12,000 ft, depending on the workload.Jim Harnes

I can change it but the N1 does not react. That is a good way of summarizing the issue.I want to use VNAV because it is the most advanced way.Thanks.Ghiom

Ghiom.Hello again.Firstly here are my figures for a light climb:777LR, load 1/3; fuel 20%, standard day, VNAV climb, Thrust Lim to CLB2FL350 ROC 1200 fpm N1=101.5 N2=106.6FL410 ROC 600 fpm N1=101.5 N2=107.5Note: Switch CLB2 to CLB = no changeNot sure why your basic figures are so low {have you changed the FDE?} but for your other concerns think in terms of:Service Ceiling and the impact of load etc etcDe-Rate Wash Out {if you have it, have a look at the Set Up Panel in the 757}As to your

Thanks for your reply and support.I am using the tweaked fde/aircraft.cfg from Johann Dees. Maybe this is the reason?I shall try with the original files.For my comment, I apologize if it was out of scope.Thank youregardsghiom

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.