Sign in to follow this  
Guest lgvpilot1

Concorde and FSPassengers

Are there any concorde pilots out there using fspassengers?I hope so because I have a question for you!Simply put ,I engage max climb, No problem. Eventually max cruise engages as you would expectBut once in max cruise the concorde will change altitude and this is the bit that scares the devil out of the 'passengers'The only solution i have found so far that keeps the passengers happy is to engage mach hold , but if you dont keep an eye on the speed it tends to over speed (not good)So my question to you is this Is it a Pilot problem !A pss problem (ie just the way it flies)Or should i be looking at the fspassengers forum Thanks for any advice you can give.Oh I should add that apart from unhappy passengers the concorde flies like a dream so i doubt that it is a loading problem (cessna first and all that jazz)Thanks GuysMark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>A pss problem (ie just the way it flies)Hi,I believe this must be the case. I use Concorde and FSPassengers on every flight I do, and have never had a problem with the cruise-climb scaring the passengers. But then I don't use the PSS Concorde.I believe there's no limit to climb rate, however descending at a rate greater than 4,500 fpm WILL upset your passengers.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/temp/avsim.gifConcorde Training Captainwww.bavirtual.co.uk

PaulThanks for your reply You are correct it is the descent that upsets the passengers.I have to say that the pss concorde does not do this that often, but if you use fspassengers yourself then you will know it only needs to occur once then you get the big blue F and the satisfaction thingy goes down to about 60%.I dont know why but as i said earlier during the max climb there are no problems it is only when FL is reached and max cruise engages (no alt hold, AT switch engaged but neither mach hold or ias hold engaged)the concorde will cruise at mach2 like a dream .Now this is the thing.The Concorde will occasionly descend to maintain speed then slowly climb again.but sometimes the descents are on a par with a stuka dive bomber,if only for about 10 seconds,but after that the pax want their money back:-) Can i take it from your sig that you fly the sstsim.If so Perhaps I should take a look at that if i wish to contiue flying concorde with fspassengers.(sorry PSS)Mark

Sign in to follow this