Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

757 and 777 - impact on fps

HiNow that I can manage the take-off with the PSS, I start re-enjoying the bird. Just a thing (among all other thing said...): the FPS are always a few percent below the target even in desert area with no AI traffic. I use the low resolution VC display and DXT3 textures. Happens the same way with the 777.Can someone tell me if this is noticed on their system as well and if there is a way around?It is not that much annoying, it is just disturbing.Thank you and regardsGhiom

These are complex aircraft and make demands on your system. Make sure that you have shut down any services on your machine that you don't need before you start FS. That said, the PSS planes are actually pretty easy on the system compared to some other high line models...DJ

ThanksWhat I meant to say is that when I set my fps limit to 20, I get 18.5-19 in all situations. It never reaches 20 or if it does, it jumps from 18 to 20. With the other addons, I get a steady 20 at CRZ level...Otherwise, I agree with you, from a smoothness point of view, the PSS planes are good.RegardsGhioom

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.