Sign in to follow this  
Guest aarskringspier

Unable to click panels on 777

Guest aarskringspier

Hi guys, just recently I am unable to click and buttons on my panels either 2D or VC. I can click the buttons which switch between overhead, ped, radios etc but can not make any buttons work. This is a recent occurence and havent installed anything new. Any thoughts?

Randy,'Fraid I have never seen this before. In btinging up the various panels {in 2D} can use use the hidden click spots as well as the panel switcher?John R

Guest aarskringspier

No just the switcher all though I can click the master caution button. Very strange.

I have this exact same problem..though the panel has never worked for me..i had this problem since install.Reinstalled a couple of times to no avail..:(

Walter,"though the panel has never worked for me"??I'll try and help. Can you say exactly how the panel doesn't work. As I said before, this is a new one so I really need some details to try and reproduce the problem.John R

Guest aarskringspier

Basically you cant click any buttons, the FMC, adjust airspeed or altitude. You can use the panel switch buttons to change popups though and click the master caution button. It just popped up out of the blue for me with nothing changed in my installation.

Randy,Again I have never heard of this. Firstly I assume that the mouse works correctly in every other way including the default aircraft switches.So, check whether the 777 switches work through the keyboard with an easy one. Does "G" select gear lever up/down?If so, it could be some kind of graphics problem. That said I have just tried completely disabling my graphics card and can still run the 777 with the mouse controlling the switches. And if the Panel Switcher works with the mouse.............??Do you have a back up as the first thing to try must be to replace the gauge file?John R

Guest aarskringspier

No I dont have a backup from before this happened. I was out of simming for awhile and came back when PSS went defunct. All my other aircraft work I dont really know what caused it. I think Im pretty much hosed until PSS offer a wat to reinstall freshly or I get the flight 1 version unfortunatley.

Randy,Look at what works. Does the gear lever move with the keyboard G; if so does it move using the mouse? {I have been looking at the possibility of a corrupt voronoi.dat}John

Guest aarskringspier

No it doesnt. But I just noticed I can still magnify the displays by clicking on them. I tried setting a few things to keyboard commands but that didnt work either.

it's exactly has randy has described..Though i tried loading up the full working panel state, but after loading the panel everything turns off again and i'm back to being stuck

Randy, Walter,This fault appears to be related to the pss_vars.xml file in the PSSB77704/panel/pss-vars folder. Either this file is missing, is corrupt or the panel.cfg had been changed to prevent this file being called up {it should be gauge05 in Window 00}.Let me know what you have.John

Guest aarskringspier

Ive got the file what should I be checking for?

Randy,1. The file should be in the PSSB77704/panel/pss-vars folder. Modified date should be 7 Nov 2005 size 15680 bytes.2. Check the panel.cfg. Under Window 00 you should see the PSS_vars called up as follows:gauge03=PSS-B777!EICAS, 1251, 869, 502,667gauge04=PSS-B777!EFIS, 498, 507, 380,362gauge05=pss_vars!pss_vars, 0,800,50,50gauge06=PSS-B777!Autopilot, 878,507,1170,363gauge07=PSS-B777!LeftBottom, 0,1415,1018,121If both these are correct, we might have to try replacing the xml file itself?John

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.