Sign in to follow this  
Guest aarskringspier

Unable to click panels on 777

Guest aarskringspier

All that is the same as yours still no joy. But I truly appreciate your help.

Randy,Odd. I'll keep looking but in the meantime, pm me with your e-mail address and we can try the next step.John

I've just done a full reinstall of FS2004 (needed to that anyway, fs2004 is just like an OS =S)Anyway the panel works now..but i don't have any numbers on displays.. e.g. the engine screen just shows the n1n2 circles, but no numbers or whatsoever.Same goes for all the other displays,the FMC doesn't work either (all squares)i have FSUIPC 3.53Screenshot:http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6098/pss777ti5.jpg

ah I see,Well i checked the fonts folder and couldn't find anything.. i then checked the installer, found & extracted the fonts.I'll install them and i guess it should work now:)Anyway it would be a good idea to mention on the site what fonts to look for? Thanks!

Walter,Sorry, that was written when PSS still existed. I am sure your have found that it is IRS_____.TTF and Baloo.ttf. There are very many references to them if you search the Boeing forum.Here to help if it is still not fixed.John R

Thanks for all your help, got it all working!It is indeed almost equal to PMDG in terms of quality, very impressiveedit: there's one more thing though, whenever im at an airport, the panel acts as if I have ~3fps..it stutters a lot, even though the simulator itself is running a steady 30fps.Whenever I take-off it goes back to normal (sim still 30fps)Any ideas?thanks again

Walter,Go into the set up panel to set up/performance/efis refresh rates and reduce everything to 6. Might help as the default is 18 {it all depends on your system}John

Randy,Check for the file "voronoi.dat" in your main FS9 directory.If you've done a manual install from a backup, you may have missed this file, it's an integral part of the wx radar. Not having it will cause the exact symptoms you describe with the T7, and outright crash the sim with the 757.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest aarskringspier

Unfortunatley I have it :( No idea what caused me to go belly up yet still working on it.

Guest kick

Did you try to check if the gauge is in FS9 :C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9GaugesPSS-B777.gau ?And what about "voronoi.dat" C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 ?Did you modified the default Flight ?Vista or XP ?Be aware with the Vista security.If XP : put out the "PSS-B777.gau", in your desktop for example and fire up FS9 then default flight, then PSS777, FS9 will crash, but will registered a gauge are missing, then replace the "PSS-B777.gau" by clicking on right and send to : Flight Simulator 9Gauges, this action will reinstall properly the "PSS-B777.gau", fire up FS9 again, default flight and PSS777, and let us know if the issue is solved.CheersKick

Guest ouzopower

Interesting...I pulled the old girl out of the hangar and seem to have the exact same problem as Randy.Currently crossing the Pacific so am not able to try the suggestion posted but I will as soon this flight is done.Since we're on the 777 forum...is there any way of merging a (working) PSS772 panel with the Meljet repaints since getting more PSS liveries isn't possible? Read somewhere that a simple alias will not work.Cheers,Tony

Guest ouzopower

Hi again,"This fault appears to be related to the pss_vars.xml file in the PSSB77704/panel/pss-vars folder. Either this file is missing, is corrupt or the panel.cfg..."a quick check shows that I am missing this particular file. When, how or why it happened is beyond me as I used to fly the 777 regularly and had only recently parked her in the hangar for a couple of months.Is there any way I can find this file?Cheers,Tony

Guest ouzopower

Just a quick update:This is most weird and I don't know whether Randy got his panel working but here is what happened with me...I eventually found the pss_vars.xml file. The strangest thing is that apart from the PSSB77704 folder within the FS root folder there is also a PSSB77704 folder inside the Aircraft folder...and that is where the pss_vars.xml resides apparently.In any case, I copied the pss_vars folder (from the PSSB77704 folder inside the Aircraft folder)and placed it in the Flight Simulator 9/PSSB77704/Panel folder.The buttons were still non-operable. However, upon switching to VC view (and after having used the Set panel to turn on Ground power and air) I was able to switch on the External Power buttons and on switching back to 2D all buttons were now operable!I'm one happy camper again.Cheers,Tony

Tony,Well done. As always very interesting to see what can happen with computers.The correct location for the PSSB77704 folder is within the aircraft folder {this seems to be SOP for all PSS aircraft} and I guess a duplicate in the root folder with different contents might confuse FS9 somewhat.I know Randy checked that he had the correct file layout and contents but it is very easy to miss duplicates

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.