Sign in to follow this  
Guest boastler

Random CTDs?

Guest boastler

Hi all,I've noticed that with the PSS I get occasional, seemingly random crashes during flight. For instance, doing EGKK-LOWI, which I have tried to do twice now, I will get a crash roughly halfway through the flight, somewhere over Germany. Has there been an explanation dug up for these, or is it just something we live with?Thanks,Brad

Don't know bout others, but over the years my ctds have always been due to duplicate or bad afcads. I have never had a ctd caused by any PSS aircraft.Still, all installations unique - have you tried the same flight with another aircraft?regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Brad.Which PSS aircraft?John R

Guest boastler

Mark, I will check my AFCADS.John, Can't believe I didn't mention it- 752RR pax.

Brad,I have investigated a few CTD reported with PSS aircraft {from the middle of Africa to the Far east}. Everyone was caused by add-on scenery problems.John R

Guest boastler

Ok, good to know, I will root around in the near future and if I find something suspicious I'll let you know.Thanks all!

Guest Jens2

I recently bought the PSS 757 from Just Flight. After installing it, I discovered it was V1.0, so a patch seemed to be obvious. After starting it I found the issue of missing fonts, which I found really strange, because for me this belongs to the product. On the JF website I also found a patch for V1.3. Next I discovered the issue of the panels behind others, filed some forums and found out that one has to start with the Cessna default flight :-( (which I never discovered with any plane so far, seems that programmers have forgotten to initialize some variables?). After doing all this circus I tried to fly 3 times from LFMN to EDDF, just to discover at EDDF that by switching from Cockpit view to outside view the screen turned black and a crash to desktop occurred :~P. Looking again in forums it seems that now sceneries like Frankfurt have to be turned off :-(. The PSS 757 is really a poor quality product. I have used the PMDG 737/700/800 for some years now without any problems. I think I'll put the PSS 757 back in its case and leave it there. The few time I have left for simming, then discovering these issues, spending time to find solutions, is not worth it.

Jens,Saw your post on the Just Flight forum which is for them to answer. However, I run both PSS and JF 757 {on separate systems} so might be able to help and hopefully get your 757 back out of its box.1. Fonts. This is a problem with the JF package. On some systems {including mine} it will not install the fonts correctly. Easily fixed as you have seen.2. 757 v1.3. I know that the late V1.3 update was definately not JF's fault. However, they now have a full 1.3 which, in fact, is an improvement on the final PSS release.3. Both this forum and JF's have emphasised the importance if initially loading the 757 {and 777} from the correct FS9 default flight. It is no hardship as you only need to do it once if you wish. And, by the way PSS, are not the only developer of complex add-ons that require this initialisation process.4. CTD at EDDF. Such CTD are a well known problem with FS9 and are not unique to the JF 757 or to EDDF {which scenery do you have?}. Again if you search the main Fs9 forum and those of other add-ons, you will find plenty of examples. I have looked at such ctd from Europe to Singapore via Central Africa and we have usually managed to resolve them.So, if you wish to get the 757 out of the box again and get it airborne, let me know and I will try to help you.RegardsJohn Rooum

Guest Jens2

Hello John,Thanks for your answers.To 1 and 2)Yes, easy to fix after spending some time on the net, not on the sim. Glad to hear that JF has included the 1.3 now. I never said that it is their fault. I just bought the 757 there...To 3)I still not understand that because the 757 is the first plane where this happens. What do you mean by I need to do it once? Just an example: today I was ready to taxi, when I remarked, that one door was open and could not be closed. I had to do a flight reset, with the result to sit again in the Cessna at Meigs... and to go over all the start preparations again. At least the door was closed and I did not attempt to open it again.To 4)I have a lot of Aerosoft's sceneries, France 1+2, US Airports 1 and German Airports 1, 3, 4 and Mega Airport Frankfurt. I am using the AES, FDC, Traffic 2005 and Active Sky V6. Latest version of FSUIPC.DLL. FS Terrain, Ground Environment. My PC is a 2.4 GHz machine with 2 GB memory and a 300GB disk. It was well suited for FS2002, but I spent quite some time to find compromise between graphics and speed for FS 2004 (as well as anybody I guess) which fits for most of the add-ons I have (planes and sceneries). So far I have only issues with this product, not with other ones and it is quite frustrating to come from one issue to the next. I have not so much time left for simming and spending it in forums looking for help instead of flying is quite annoying.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.