Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Cheyene .air file

Ok In tweaking the thrust settings for the dreaded taxi speed fix I did something dumb I guess, now things are really porked. Would anyone be willing to send me a copy of the default air file and probably should get the config file too. I DO own the aircraft legitimately, I just hosed the files in tweaking and didnt back them up.This is for The Cheyene 400 from FSD.Hornit

Not a good habit to get into Chris.The FSD birds are real easy to reinstall so no problem there.Now you know why S Small has an attitude about his files.IMHORon

When you get it fixed, use the F1 key, so it's not so dreaded.

Use the F1 key to put the engines in idle, thenset the propeller pitch/effectiveness down a bit as well.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Thanks all, honestly I can prove I bought the aircraft and I did not want to reinstall it just for a porked .air file. personally I see no harm in a little file sharing. You cant do anything with a single .air file anyway. I appreciate the response Chris, i would have done the same. The F1 key does the trick too! But I had set the thrust up wrong on advice from someone else and had changed things without noting what they were before so i felt this was an easy fix...hell i could have just asked for the default numbers i guess, but could not remember all that I changed!Hornit

Very sorry folks - especially those at FSD. Lesson learned here.Glad the aircraft is back to specs again Hornit.

Your right Tim, and i wont go asking again...should have done as you said. I guess i take a lot of things for granted sometimes. Im a man of my word and was brought up that way. I guess a lot of folks aren't. Its a shame but a reality. Next time Ill come to you guys!Hornit

Distributing Copyright works through a public forum, far from just being 'not a good habit' is a breach of Copyright. 'Hornit's explanation makes no sense because the thrust settings he wanted to screw with are in the aircraft.cfg file and there was no need to even hack the airfile in the first place.And, yes - I do have an 'attitude' when it comes to having my work ripped off. I'd observe that had Hornit read the instructions I provided, like most users did, he would not have had a problem with taxi speed to begin with ...

I think you need to lighten up a bit Steve. TimD had a more diplomatic approach. I did not rip off anything. I paid full price for your work and appreciate it. I did read the manual and on my system the F1 key did not provide the results I wanted nor did it fix the autothrottle problem which I was trying to fix. I listened to some other folks who had done some things that were not really fixes and I did not back up my files. FYI one of these things was to change the amount of torque for the engines in the airfile and some other things in the cfg. My problem had also to do with my throttle setup which has since been fixed. Now I realize that I should have gone to FSD and asked the question, lessoned learned for me. I do think however that you need to think through the fact that what I did was far from "ripping anyone off" I have no desires to copy or use your work for profit, I just wanted my plane back the way it came from the factory. Please accept my apology and know I'll go to the source from now on.Jim "Hornit" Campisi

Jim,It's cool ;) There's was / is a bigger Copyright issue you were probably not aware of.Please ... always ask FSD for support first. Use our Forum or write us direct.Thanks.Rgds,

Steve,I apologize to you and anyone else who makes software for the community. I enjoy your team's work as well as the work of many others.I just didn't have my head on straight for this one and I can assure you it won't happen again.As a QA project lead for a software company I share your frustration at the level of software piracy that exists. I'm very sorry if I contributed to an environment in which this sort of casual theft exists.

Hi Chris,No probs, and thanks for the thought ;)Just BTW ... drop by the FSD Support forum sometime : we'll be releasing some new project images over the next few days ...Best,