Sign in to follow this  
TrevorS

Flight dynamics for the 777-300ER

I am most frustrated with regards to the FD of the 773ER. I have a very serious porpoising problem at altitude.I know that somewhere out there is a solution.Could someone please, who has a very stable FD for the -300ER, send me a copy of the FD files. I do have the original -300ER package and can produce proof of payment if necessary.All I want is a stable FD for this otherwise beautiful plane.ThanksTrevor

Guest dpiedrahita

Hey thanks! I'll have to look into this as well. Maybe if it flies like a big airliner instead of a paper plane I'll like it more.

He pulled the FDE's for the 777 off his site to make improvements to them. Stay tuned and be a little patient and they will be back up and hopefully better than ever.

Eric 

Hi,Pfff... what a mess, looked into it, but there are many flaws in the FDE, but you can try, below settings in the file, AP_control_coeffs.dat (if not available make with notepad) and enter:RollOnAilACC=3.85RollOnAilDECEL=5RollOnAilINPUTSTEP=1800RollOnAilMININPUT=1000RollOnAilMAXINPUT=31000PitchOnElevatorACC=1.0PitchOnElevatorDECEL=2PitchOnElevatorINPUTSTEP=100PitchOnElevatorMININPUT=-12384PitchOnElevatorMAXINPUT=14384VSonPitchACC=850VSonPitchDECEL=1500VSonPitchINPUTSTEP=1.5VSonPitchMININPUT=-15VSonPitchMAXINPUT=30SpeedOnElevatorMaxAcc=1SpeedOnElevatorDecArea=15You can play with the values, to stop the porpoising, but its seriously overpowered, and lachs drag and more after a quick glance.However, I couldnt find my old fde for the 777, dont have it anymore, so it needs a lot of work to get it right again. You might even try a freeware FDE or even the original one to get a more better performance.I dont have the time yet to repair a payware aircraft what PSS should do themselves.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

Johan, Trevor,I don't believe that 777 porpoising was/is an FDE problems. I only ever saw it at more than 8X + simulation and it was always cured by disengaging/re-engaging the AP. Some suggested it was due to step weather changes from other add-ons.However, I might have Johan's 777 FDE on an old hard drive somewhere {I try not to throw anything out!} - if I find it I'll post it here.John R

Guest melf12

One thing puzzles me.......I've looked in my PSS B772LR installation but cannot find a FDE file??. Is this a case of "A Rose of any other name, may smell as sweet" :) IOW's are we talking about an air.file? If so, I could post my air file, which may help.If not, could someone tell me where to find the FDE file, please?Ken

Don't panic, there is no such thing as an FDE file. The FDE (a term from many years ago I believe "Flight Dynamics Editor"?) comprises the information in both the aircraft.cfg and the relevant .air file.

Graeme Butler

Johan,I have a backup copy of three airfiles and notes from your website about aircraft.cfg modifications if you want them :-)

Graeme Butler

Guest melf12

Thanks for the FDE info, Graeme, another long standing irritation sorted :)Ken

Graeme,Can you email them to me at efisher2 [at] cfl.rr.com? Thanks!

Eric 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.