Sign in to follow this  
TomCYYZ

VC Not Showing for PSS 757

Hi, I have recently migrated FS9 over to a new computer. I had previously backed up all my payware and freeware downloads. The PSS 757 seems to be working OK, except I do not see the VC, I just have use of the 2d panel. MY aircraft.cfg file is probably all that needs to be updated. I know there are severaL model folders, for instance for PSS-B752P, model.ph, model.phw, model.po, and model.pow etc. My aircraft.cfg file shows:[fltsim.0]title=PSS 757-200 PW overwing exits UALsim=PSSB752_PWmodel=popanel=sound=pwtexture=UALatc_id=N528AUatc_airline=UALatc_flight_number=B752Patc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PSSui_type="757-200 PW overwing exits"ui_variation=United Airlinesdescription= "B757_200 with Pratt & Whitney 2037 Engines." atc_id_color=0x00000000atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0visual_damage=1atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMPThe model=po in this instance was a 2d panel setup. Should I be using one of the other model folders so that the VC cockpit shows up or am I missing something when I migrated over to the new system (machine)? Any help here would be greatly appreciated since I have no way of re-installing because of the current PSS situation.Regards,Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Tom,I have just looked at my po/UAL aircraft. I have exactly the same aircraft.cfg entry as yours and have no VC problems.I assume that this applies to all the PSS 757 variants?When you select VC, do you see anything {cockpit without instruments or perhaps instruments without cockpit panel}?Also are you using the old PSS version. The JF version has a VC on/off capability and I recall that the original JF v1.3 update had a problem in this area.John Rooum

Thanks for the reply John. Going through your FAQ's sticky in the forum here, and thanks that is very helpfull as well, I noticed under performance you make mention:"3.1.3 Re-install the 757 without the VC"I think originally given that I had a low spec machine when I installed the program I must have installed "without the VC". Normally I did not like to use the VC in any aircraft because of the FPS issues. But now with the great frames I am getting I can't go without it. I guess my only alternative is to hold on a little longer and maybe PSS will be re-launched or I can bite the bullet and purchase from Just Flight now. It appears the only way I am getting the VC out of thos product is to re-install from scratch using the VC option.Thanks again,Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Tom,Its a long time since I wrote that FAQ. Let me do a little research and I will come back to you.John

Tom,I am pretty sure that I can get your VC back. Please pm me an e-mail address so that we can discuss what we need to do.John

Guest kick

John,Why don't you try to discuss here in the forum what you need to do ?It could help some PSS users will experience or at the time having this issue, don't you think so ?We stay tune to this and the advises you could give.CheersKick

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.