Sign in to follow this  
Jim Harnes

TCAS2v7.dll

After upgrading the PMDG 747-400 to v1.2, the PSS T7 crashes FS to a black screen. The crash occurs just after the panel bitmap loads and the error report points to the B777.gau. The PSS 757 loads normally.All the PSS files are in the proper place (I had a fully functioning T7 manual reinstall). The only file I'm uncertain about is TCAS2v7.dll in the FS root folder, version 1.1.6.0.Could someone without the PMDG upgrade plz post which version of TCAS2v7.dll is associated with a working install of the PSS T7.Thanks,Jim Harnes

Jim,I also updated PMDG yesterday. I hve just checked and my T7 is working ok. I have the same TCAS dll as you: V1.1.6.0. Details are size 114,688 dated 22 June 05.John R

Well, looks like I am diw with this until/if PSS rises from the ashes.Jim Harnes

Have you installed/changed anything else? Aircraft? FSUIPC? I have the same TCAS you do, and have no problems there. Have you loaded the upgraded 747 and changed any options? I had a transient problem loading the PSS CDU on the 757/777 until I changed the PMDG TCAS setting to a twenty mile range... maybe unrelated, but still...DJ

To close this out: turns out the problem was FSWXR2100.gau was missing. Have no idea how it was deleted from the FS Gauge folder.Was able to apply the PSS 2.1 patch and the gauge was restored. Interesting that the 757 will load without that gauge while the T7 will not.Jim Harnes

That's nice to know... maybe to avoid future hassles you might put the gauge in the panel folders for the PSS planes. Some other payware folks use the same radar (and don't bother to check before they overwrite the existing one) and PSS is very particular about the version used.DJ

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.