Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOD

Goran -Slow APU Run Up?

GoranPosting here in case anyone else has any ideas about a slow APU spin up. I re-installed th Airbus anmd looked at the A319 APU , and mine takes 15 - 20 secs to reach optimum speed for the APU Gen.Unfortunately our resident Airbus expert is not around at the moment.John R

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Seems about right to me - I get 19.78 seconds from button push to available light; that fits what I see with other aircraft and from my own experience around turbine helicopter engines...DJ

I'll clear it up a bit. When I start the APU, the flap opens properly. But, when I hit Start, it takes at least 2-3 minutes before the APU hits 50%-60%.Very weird.I'll make a video and post it on you tube so u all can see.Goran

Works fine now. Don't know what happened. However, I would like to get rob elliots mods for the FDE as the airbus has that nice high climb rate on take off and I would like that fixed.Forgot how much I liked this plane. I've been flying the OTHER airbus. A few bugs but nice. Anyway, Rob...FDE modifications if possible?Goran