Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Gus --- PSS/Vista

Gus, Posting as your ISP has started spamming out my e-mail address!Firstly, it should not matter to PSS where your FS9 is located - as long as FS9 isregistered which it must be if you have installed it.On the Airbus 2D, do you see the bitmaps without gauges or is the panelmissing completely?Boeing weather radar file is FSWXR2100.gau copied into the FS9 gauge folder.Did you remember the two additional fonts which go into the Windows Fontsfolder which are essential to both Boeings - their lack does not cause acrash under XP but might cuse a problem with Vista??I am sure that someone must be running PSS under Vista. Any takers?John RPS As a matter of interest, I recall seeing on their forum that PMDG do notrecommend Vista at the moment.

Guest guswhite3

John,Sorry about the email ((Comcast) ... but maybe someone will jump in here on the forum with some ideas.All my PMDG products (737s and 747) work just fine in FS9 on my new (Vista) computer, but these are fresh re-installs. I have not done a freash re-install of the PSS because of Phoenix's demise ... I am just trying to copy the original install from my old (XP) computer to my new (Vista) computer. That makes me wonder about the registry.FSWXR2100.gau, voronoi.dat, and the font files have been copied and are present on the new (Vista) computer.On the PSS Airbus 2D panel, the panel is just a large gray area with no bitmaps. In VC the panel is there, but no gauges. But at least the aircraft loads ... all outside views work just fine.Thanks,Gus

Gus,I'll keep looking. But I have copy/pasted PSS aircraft into fresh XP installations v many times without problems. Going back to the beginning. In FS9/Create a Flight, can you select the PSS 777/7567 and see the aircraft ok?Clutching at straws I know but the best until we get someone with Vista on the thread.John R

Guest guswhite3

John,No, that's where the program crashes, however I can see the model, but when I select it, then FS crashes. I can load the Airbus aircraft, but then have no panel/gauges.Gus

Gus,For the Boeings, I've been trying to reproduce a crash at the same position in loading as you get yours but with no luck. The only time I recall seeing such a crash reported, I believe that it turned out there was conflict with another add-on? One thought, please check the version no, date and size of the FSWXR2100.gau file, We have had problems when another add-on has used this gauge and has over-written the PSS version.As to Airbus,if I recall it was developed for FS2002 and Win 98 .......!John

Guest guswhite3

Eureka!!! That was it ... the FSWXR2100.gau file that I had on my new (Vista) computer was already there, so I had not replaced it ... it must have been placed there by another add-on. I copied and pasted the old one from the old (XP) computer and the PSS757 and 777 are running just fine. Thank you!Now, I need to figure what else might be using the FSWXR2100.gau file that might corrupt it for the PSS. I have Wilco/Feelthere (777), PMDG (737 & 747), and Captain Sim (757) aircraft. I also have a Project Opensky 757, but it does not have a weather gauge.Anyway, thank you for the guidance. It is good to get back in my PSS aircraft!Gus

The Wilco/Feelthere is one suspect, since the PIC 737 does use it and steps on whatever version is previously installed. A thread on another forum also led me to believe that the CS757 also uses it. I have moved the PSS versions to the panel folders to prevent further problems.DJ

Guest guswhite3

I think you are right - both the Feelthere and the CS are probably at fault. Since I have the PSS reinstalled, I may not even fly them any more.I'm not sure what you mean by moving the PSS versions to the panel folders ... can you expalin that a little more?Thanks,Gus

Gus,Glad its resolved. I suggested this when I suddenly remembered a similar case. The CS757 was the culprit. Its wxr file is a newer version which overwrote PSS and caused the crash. Of note it was reported that the CS757 was quite happy with the PSS file.The other option was to put the PSS WXR file in the PSS panel folder. I did not realise but it appears that, a la FSX, FS9 will also look first for gau files in the relevant panel folder, it then moves to the gauges folder.John R

As FOD noted, just move the FSWX .gau file to the panel folders for the 777 and/or 757. It works just fine there and won't get overwritten by anything you might install in the future.DJ

Guest guswhite3

Thanks guys ... I have flown my PSS757, PSS777, Wilco/Feelthere777, and CS757, and they all work great.I don't think Vista was ever the issue.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.