Sign in to follow this  
bank1

CAN'T USE LOAD EDITOR, NEED LICENSE KEY

Is their a fix for this problem. When I try to run the load editor I get the message "LICENSE KEY NOT FOUND" My orginal C: partition prior to the closer of PSS was accidentaly copied over but my FS9 folder is on another partition. But I assume that their were files in my C: drive that needs to be reinstalled. See pic

Okay something is very strange here. I can get to the folder in the registry but I didn't have the folder VERSION CHECK, no problem created one, The problem now is that I can't find my PSS777 aircraft.cfg file it's not in the VALUE DATA BOX or in my PSS folder. I'm not sure where else to look. I also don't understand why my pss777 shows up in fs9 with no problem. I have sound, panel everthing but I don't see any of it in my fs9 folder or PSS folder. I don't even see the different liveries of this acft that I have?

Well, let's see what we have here. Your aircfaft.cfg file(s) will live under the aircraftPSS-B772LR or aircraftPSS-772LRF or aircraftPSS-B773ER subdirectory(s) of your FS9 directory - not under the master PSS subdirectory that lives in the FS9 directory itself, nor under the PSSB7704 in the aircraft folder. Since your pss777 shows up in FS9, we know the folders are there.DJ

Man it's been awhile, I forgot it's in the acft folder I found it, I'm not sure about the hexadecimal # exactly does it look like. Can I send you acopy of my aircft.cfg file?

Don't worry about hexadecimal; its geek speak and I forgot that kind of math years ago.Look in the aircraft.cfg for a series of 16 letters and numbers which follows a line of slashes eg:///////// xxx2lfo4 etcJust copy/paste the letter/number group into your new registry value and you will be away.John R

Hey JohnThat's not working for me. I see a series of 16 letters & number a total of 32, but when I try and copy & past into the VALUE BOX it won't accept the whole hexadecimal? I even tried to manually type in the hex #, but it won't accept no more then 8 letters & number combo. I'm pretty certain I'm copying the right thing because I only see two seperate entries with the combo of letters & nubers as you mentioned that are a total of 32 charters each. I'm I on the right track?

Bank 1,Hope that you have a name. As with other support forums, I much prefer to know who I am talking to.OK. First, how are you setting up the initial registry entry. You must use a new "String Value" not a D Word value {this caused confusion in the earlier post!}. Perhaps you could go through step by step how you are setting up this new registry entry. I can then mirror it and pick upanyerrors.We will get there!John R

Sorry about that, my name is Donald. Well I'm following a post you did on editing the regetry topic # 36276 I'm following this to the letter. Initially I didn't have the entry called VERSION CHECK,so I had to add it. And I did use the D WORD VALUE because that was in the instructions. So how do I do the STRING VALUE?Don

Don,Sorry; I know that this was confusing. Jim H was happy to use D Word Value but that required fiddling with the hexadecimal; I had already used the other method which worked fine so why change ....?So here goes . First of all delete the D Word Value that you have entered {just to clean things up.Now these are Jim's original instructions modified as I suggested in the thread but still containing his warning:1. Click Start then run.
2. type regedit in the window and press enter.
3. the registry editor will open and you will see a window similiar to windows explorer. In the left pane is a listing of registry folders. You need to navigate to the following folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.0

Do it just like you would in windows explorer - click on the first folder then on each subsequent folder listed above. 

Warning: Do not click on anything in the right pane yet!

4. When the 9.0 folder is open, look for an entry named VersionCheck in the right window pane. It should not be there as you have previously deleted it.5. To add a new "String Value", click edit at the top of the registry editor, then new String Value. You'll see New Value #1 in the right pane, already highlighted and ready to rename. Type in VersionCheck and hit enter.

6. Right click VersionCheck and select Modify. An Edit String Value box will popup. Copy/paste the alpha/numeric string from the PSS 777 aircraft.cfg file in the Value data box and click OK.

That should fix the loadedit problem.

FINAL NOTE: Registry changes are saved automatically. If you have any doubts about editing the Registry - don't - unless you have a backup of a known good Registry and know how to restore it.Let me know how it goes.John

Got it, Thanks a million John. I thought I was gonna have to purchase my pss777 all over again.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.