Sign in to follow this  
Guest StRanNgeR

PSS 777 crash problem

Guest StRanNgeR

Hi, im new here, I installed PSS 777, and when i pick the aircraft and press ok, im suddenly on my desktop, uninstalled and reinstalled, no help, any ideas?

Guest StRanNgeR

everything seems to be in place except the last folder "Textures" i click on it, and theres nothing that relates to PSS

Do you mean the texture folder in the PSSB777 folder? That should contain the majority of the textures for the aircraft. The individual texture folders under the various aircraft folders (like, say, C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPSS-B772LRtexture.whatever) typically only contain the four textures needed for a given livery. The lack of textures shouldn't cause a crash though - just a grey airplane. Do you have the radar gauge (FSWXR2100.gau) and main gauge (PSS-B777.gau) in the gauges folder and the voronoi.dat file in the main FS9 folder?DJ

Guest StRanNgeR

yes i do have all those, im talking about theres no textures in the main FS9 texture folder at FS9/Textures/ then theres nothing. but i have all others

The PSS 777 does not require any specific files to be installed in the FS9/texture folder. Also missing textures will not cause the kind of crash that you are seeing.Are you using the a CD version of the 777 or the PSS download version?Do you have the Captain Sim 757 installed?John R

Guest StRanNgeR

im using DVD version, and yes sir i have captain sim 757 installed

Grateful if you would sign your name; we like to know who we are talking to.OK. I suspect that your problem is due to the fact that The CS 757 installs a new version of the weather radar gauge {FSWXR2100.gau}. The CS version is incompatible with PSS and causes a CTD.I recommend that you re-install the 777 from the DVD; this will over-write the new FSWXR2100 file with the original PSS version. Then check you can load the 777.If it is ok, you can either:a. Keep this configuration with the PSS version in the FS9/gauges folder {I have seen comments that CS 757 is happy with this PSS version}orb Put the PSS version into the 777 panel folder {PSSB77704} and re-install the CS version into the main fs9 gauges folder.Let me know how you get on and post any further questions here.John R

Guest StRanNgeR

hey thanks for the reply, but im gonna be able to do all that when i come back from new york (on 2nd of July). i'll tell u the results then, c ya got a plane to catch

Guest Captain787

I have the same problem But I find this solution for that:Never select PSS 777 from start-up screen , first load Default Cessna in gate of your choice , then with aircraft Menu choose and load your PSS 777. Maybe help!Regards

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.