Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

PSS B772LR - change tail number

Guest melf12

Does anyone know how to change the tail number on the PSS T7? - well, it's not a number but a series of letters i.e. GUKLR. shown on the aircraft as G-UKLR.Changing it in the aircraft.cfg did not work.Ken

Ken,as Jim said, are you talking about callsign or what is shown externally on the aircraft livery?John R

If you want to change the visual, you will need to repaint the airplane texture. If you just want to hear the new ID from atc, make it the atc_flight_number in your aircraft config file. ATC always uses the flight number rather than the registration number for commercial aircraft.DJ

Guest melf12

Hello John, It's the British Airways livery - I'm just about to reply to Jim with .jpg's of a couple of texture screenshots, if Avsim will play ball :)Yep, looks like we're in luck!Hi Jim, thought this might be the best way to show you what I'd like to change.Ken

Guest melf12

Hello DJ, thanks for you reply, I'd like to change the visual if possible, I would like to see 'her' wearing a real world registration. If it cannot be done without much hassle, I'll have to do as you suggest. I intend to use the registration for SelcalKen

Afraid I don't know much about repainting, but I bet the good folks in the painter's forum here on AVSIM can help...DJ

You might try contacting the original painter to request a change.Jim Harnes

Guest melf12

Hi Jim, the painter was Ben Jones, I've no idea how to contact him, at the moment; I seem to remember his name at Overland?I'll also follow up DJ's suggestion and try the Painters Forum.Thanks everyone for your help.Ken

Ken,Ben was active in this forum in the past. Perhaps he will see your post and reply.However, if the paint is one of those which PSS sold, don't think he will be able to help due to copyright restrictions.Jim Harnes

Guest melf12

Hello Jim, it's entirely likely that Ben will not want to work backwards anyway :)Now that PSS is defunct, dead and gone - does the the copyright still apply? For examaple, if X sues me, who will collect the funds? Not that I would get involved that far anyway.Would just changing a few letters mean a total repaint, I was thinking about just removing the letters and replacing them with the new ones? Could do it in Adobe Photoshop 7.0 maybe.Incidently, my T7 was directly downloaded from the PSS Website, I still have the Installers (they don't work I've tried :) ), not from Just Flight.Best regards,Ken

Guest bjjones

I wont be going back and redoing any PSS stuff. If you want to go ahead and change it yourself feel free.My recommendation, cut your loses and wait for the POSKY 777, marry that with the PSS panel and youll get a much more pleasant experience.http://www.projectopensky.com/bjjones/Prev...w_ws_viis_1.jpgVastly superior model, and vastly superior textures even if I say so myself.http://forum.projectopensky.com/index.php?showtopic=32223http://forum.projectopensky.com/index.php?showtopic=32303

Guest melf12

Hi Ben, (Ken doffs his cap and bows before the master painter!)I would not dream of asking you!I'll wait for the ProjectOpensky B777.Really amazing paint work Ben.Best regards,Ken

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.