Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

Airbus problems

Does any one that flys the A332 have problems with some of the systems? I did a flight from rjaa to kpdx at about 250nm out my fsmeteo display quite working and when communicating with atc I would push a number but wouln't work. Then it would start working. I selected 10L at kpdx then realized that I wanted 28L, but couldn't change that. So I did a manual. Put down gear, it made it's ding, but the gear wouldn't come down. I know this is an old plane for fs9, but I haven't had this problem the last time I flew the 333 or the 343. Of course I don't fly the airbuses much. I guess I'll stick with the PSS T7, PSS 757, my pmdg 744 or level D 763. I've looked though the manual.

John K

That seem to work atleast on a short haul klax-kmsp. Now the problem I'm having is that when I clicked on the kmsp in the f-plan the only rwys listed were 4, 22 and then like 18 19 3. There was no rwy 12R/30L, 12L/30R or 17/35. Doesn't it use the same nav data as the 535 and T7? I have the latest data from Navigraph 0807. I would think that the airbus would be updated.

John K

I think it depends on how things were installed. If you look at your folders, you will see a folder under the main FS9 folder titled 'PSS' which contains a folder for each PSS aircraft installed and some others; one of which is titled 'Navdata'. The 'Airbus A3XX' folder under PSS also contains a subfolder titled 'Navdata' and that folder is empty in my installation - consequently the bus uses the PSSNavdata subfolder. If your A3XXNavdata folder isn't empty, it is possible the bus is using the data there - if not empty you can check the data by opening the pssrwy.dat file with notepad and scrolling down until you see kmsp and its runways.Now, that said, it is my impression that the file that really counts is the voronai.dat file in the main FS9 directory which appears to be a binary compilation of the data contained in the .dat files in Navdata - if that is the case, then it isn't clear if all aircraft use it. Perhaps scoob or FOD can shed some light on the subject...?DJ

I just tried again and I looked at the klax departure and there were goofy runways listed there. It had 24, then like 8 12... And the only navdata folder is under pss. My 757 and t7 work fine. I haven't tried the 340 yet just the 332 and 333. Looks like something got goofed up. But since I can't reinstall I guess there's nothing to do. And the correct rwys are in the pssrwy.dat file. All my other addons work fine. Any other ideas? Otherwise I'll just have to stick with Boeing.

John K

I must admit that I'm out of ideas :-( We'll have to hope that one of the other folks who shows up in this forum on a regular basis has a clue on this one...DJ

So there's no one who has the a330 or 340 and also the 757 and 777 with the latest navigraph 0807? If you do, do you get the correct rwys for the airport you're at? My Boeings work fine. It's just that I haven't used the airbuses for quite awhile. And of course I can't reinstall.

John K

John,Like you, I had not flown the PSS 340 for some time {years and I don't have the 330} . Its installed now and airborne KLAX / KDFW. Interesting as my keyboard doesn't have a number pad!!Anyway with the latest Navdata installed, the FMS showed all the KLAX runways and gave me a sensible SID which the AP tracked correctly after TO. I am running FS Commander and FDC on a separate computer vias Wide FS and both are running OKI'll finish this flight and let you know if I see any problems. If there are none, I'll try and reproduce what you are seeing by changing things.John RPS A pity we lost our Airbus expert. Unfortunately he disappeared some months ago.

Well, since the server is back up for now, I went and redid my A330 with doing just the base installer. Had my panel and aircraft.cfg saved. Now my runways show up in the mdu. Now I can fly them again eventhough I mostly fly Boeing's. :D

John K

That's great news! I'm glad the problem is solved, but I sure wish I knew just what was going on there...DJ

Solved short lived. After I checked it out after reinstall I did a pss 757 flight yesterday. Then today whet to take a flight from phnl to kmsp and getting wacky rwys again. I give up.

John K

Well, I discovered it seems to be in the flight plan. I use fsbuild for my flight plans. It seems the old ones give wacky rwys but the newer ones work fine. I had a phnl to kmsp that didn't work. Redid the fsbuild for it and it worked fine. But if I go over 2x the plane walbles side to side and goes out of control. It didn't before now it does. Can't catch a break. But I didn't know the rwy data was in the flight plan, and kmsp did add a rwy but I don't know if it was before I made the flight plan. Is there away to load fs flight plans into the airbuses like you can with the 757 and t7? Then save them?

John K

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.