Sign in to follow this  
jkanold

Okay MS fans... You win

Guest Lindy

My local Office Depot has the Pro version for 45 bucks. I'm going to pick it up. (Larry, don't faint.) I may be the last holdout who has NEVER used any version of MSFS, but for $45 I really can't pass it up. And besides I want to try out Geof's Debonair.Wish me luck.-Lindy :-spacecraft

Cheap at 1/2 the price !!!!If you are interested in jets then I would also give the Falcon 50 a run out - since that is also pretty special.

Guest tallpilot

Hi Ms. Lindy,May I suggest that your first download from the AvSim file library be bebaron_red.zip. It's a repaint of the default Baron in white and red by Fred Choate at my request. (get the picture):-)Since you have time flying the real white and red Baron (Big Red)I fiqured you want it in FS2K2. RIGHT? :-lolEd Weber a.k.a tallpilot

I thought I felt the earth rumble over here in central VA today. Wasn't acid indigestion after all... :-lol

Guest Lindy

........ALL of you! ;-) I just got home with it -- I went to a movie after picking it up -- and haven't even opened the box yet. I don't know when I'll find the time to learn all about it. I'm pretty sure the commands aren't going to bear much resemblance to what I'm used to.Ed -- OF COURSE I expect to pick up your Big Red. Wouldn't be w/o it. Are there any patches or fixes in the Library that I need to know about? And I guess I'll be doing A LOT of archive reading since I'll be so far behind the rest of you dudes.Larry -- I will absolutely need all the luck I can get! Beam me up, Scotty :-spacecraft-Lindy

Guest Scott Campbell

Lindy,No patches. MS feels there's no need (although that's debatable). But lucky for you you bypassed FS2000 which was a total dog. This one is reasonable out of the box with some minor fixes which are all hopefully in the DL files.Too bad the Tips and Tricks site isn't around anymore. Anyone who knows another location for that, please fill Lindy in.

Lindy,No patches to worry about to make it work! This isn't ....... :)For the default aircraft, get Rob Young's files for the default 182's. (Realair Simulations). For the Baron & 172, Steve Small & Ron Freimuth have some files which can be provided (but not from web sites). Besides some of the aircraft you already mentioned, other excellent payware examples are the Dreamfleet Archer, FSD Cheyenne, & the new Flight1 Cessna 421 twin, which I really like BTW! These aircraft have VC cockpits & many options you'll never find on the stock "stuff". The freeware Falcon 50 is also a great one, besides many others.Learn how to manipulate the virtual cockpits. I always use ctrl enter to pull back the seat a bit. Then shift enter to raise it. Using backspace instead of enter does the opposite. You can also go into the back of third party passenger sections in planes such as the Falcon 50, Cheyenne, & C421.New clouds, buildings & trees for auto-gen is also available, & for a good starter, try one of the "canned flights" such as Desert Adventure -- North Las Vegas to Pearce ferry . It puts you on a North Vegas runway in the early morning hours & a slight breeze, which makes you feel as though your somewhat there! Have fun!!!L.Adamson

"Too bad the Tips and Tricks site isn't around anymore. Anyone who knows another location for that, please fill Lindy in."Scott I think You have forget thats link for a long time :-beerchug FlightSim Veterans Clubhttp://www.fsgateway.com/tips.aspWelcome Lindy :DThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Scott Campbell

Chris,Yes, well, I remember all the fuss that closed it the first time. At least it's there again. Thanks.

... if you are mentioning payware then the FSD Commander is fantastic as well.....

Well, Lindy, finally it got to you. Welcome aboard :-wave