Sign in to follow this  
stevenp

757 load manager problem

I just recently reinstalled the 757 but whenever I go to press on the load manager it gives me a message saying "Cannot find Flight Simulator installation path." Any help? I am using vista 64 if it is any help.

Steven,The traditional {XP} way of resolving this is to use the Flight One tool to reset the FS9 path in the registry. May be worth a try and you can find it at the Free File Library on their web site. They also have a full page of advice on using Vista which may be of help.John

Oh I forgot about that tool. That should do it thanks!EDIT: doesn't work. any other advice.

Oh Heck!!Have a look at some of the Vista references on other forums and on the PMDG Ops site.I'll also try and do the same and see if I can come up with anything {but I suspect that's why PMDG recommend not to use Vista}John R

I read the flight 1 vista and the pmdg and they have never had anything remotely similar to this, but I think it may be the registry?

Steven,Found a couple of references when searching through the forum:1. This guy was using Vista but used the TweakFS tool {it should be the same as Flt1 but ...........?}""Thank you very much for your quick response, I do appreciate it. I used the utility to find the path and it works perfectly now, being able to use the Load editor, fuel planner and finding repaints.so I am pleased to report that the B757 works perfectly in a vista system when you run http://tweakfs.com/download/fs9path_utility.zip)""2. This guy is using 64 Bit XP. It may have relevance to your 64 bit Vista?""I just found a solution for my 757 Load Editor problem, which kept giving me the "Flight Simulator Path Not Found"-Message although I used the tool mentioned in this forum to set this path. This worked for all other tools that require the FS9 path, but not for the Load Editor.The thing is that I am running Windows XP Professional x64, the 64bit version of Windows XP. In this OS, 32 bit software (like FS9 and most other software) runs in an 32bit emulation mode. And, the important part, 32bit applications get slightly different registry folders than they used to have in a regular 32bit Windows.And that

Guest oswaldo7777

Hey,I was having the same problem with PSS 757 and the Load Editor (Windows Vista 64).I did what you posted here (create the registry-merge file) but when I tried to merge it, it came up with the following message:"Cannot import X:........Desktopload_edit_fix.reg: The specified file is not a registry script.You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor."Any help appreciated.NOTE: For privacy reasons I didn't post the complete path where it says X:..., but I understand this should be the proper path where the recently load_edit_fix.reg file has been created.Thank you

Guest oswaldo7777

Oh, my mistake,I forgot to add at the beginning of the registry file the following sentence:"Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00"After that, everything worked fine as you said it would John.I really appreciate your work, John. Thank you so much for helping us.Oswaldo

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.