Sign in to follow this  
Guest kick

PSS downloadable again....! Little worries ?

Guest kick

Hi,I kept all the initials installers for the 757 :1- 757_Liveries_Setup(v1.3)2- 757_Setup(1.3)I tried twice and had the same issue :When the installer is connected and linked with the Phoenix web site, I always obtained the following :"A newer version of this installer is available on the Phoenix website" (as far I know the two installers mentioned above are the last), so the choice after this message is to abort or continue, I choosed to continue and indicated my Email adress (which hasn't changed) and my password.Then a new installation error appear :"The installation has not been authorised, >You have not purchased this product!"I kept all the purchase proof.What I thought is a worry with the IP adress which is not recognize.I'm a Vista Ultimate user and use the IPv6 instead of the IPv4 as before. My provider changed this for the security few weeks ago.If someone could give me an help, I will appreciate.I would like to say thanks to the Ben Jones support and the honesty courage of Antony Waterfield and for sure I will not forget John Rooum.Thanks in advanceCheersKick

Kick,Hi again.The "Newer Version" message seems to be characteristic of the 757 download as it is now {at least I get the same message using the latest installers} and I don't get it with other aircraft {777 etc}. We do not know who switched this on or how so ......??However, if you have the correct e-mail/password, it should work. I do not have Vista and so have no idea if that should make any difference? I'll pm you with one option we could try.John R

Guest kick

Thanks john for your reactive answer.I will give a try to what you are suggesting (try with an XP PC, I will bring back a notebook from my office).My purpose was the installers are not single for each customer, but each customer are officially approved by Phoenix website with 3 settings :1- IP address2- E-mail3- PasswordThe two last are well known, I would like a confirmation of the first one, because between XP and Vista is actually the Internet protocol is the worry. IPv6 is the new secure one give you a true protected Internet address instead of IPv4 give you an adress such as 192.256 and so one, which is not protected.I don't know yet if XP SP3 use the new protocol, but Vista is able to automatically swicth with the user needed.I will check that point.Anyway thanks again. ;-)CheersKick

XP SP3 is IPv6 enabled, but will only use that protocol if required - very few sites have shifted over.DJ

Guest kick

Thanks DJ,I gave a try with XP PC and noway.My E-mail address and password was valid before, so I don't know why "they" settled some file like 777 valid and other like 757 not...?Perhaps with patience "they" will correct that...Who knows...?CheersKick

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.