Sign in to follow this  
2dogtripper

& Captaim Sim

Silly me!! I purchased and installed the Capt. Sim 757 FMC expansion ( I already had the other "blocks" installed). Now my PSS 757 ctd. All was well until the Block F upgrade. The reason that I bought the CS is the horrible autoland of the PSS bird. Wanted to see if CS was any better. Any ideas? I've uninstalled the CS 757 but can't fix the ctd of the PSSDean PurcellCNK4Up the Irons!!

Your weather radar probably got stepped on by the CS installer. You need version 1.5.0.4 for the 757 - it's the FSWXR1200.gau file.DJ

Dean, Do a search on this forum for the full details but, in sum, CS version of the gauge causes PSS to crash but the PSS version runs on the CS 757 with no problems.BTW what's the problem with the PSS 757 autoland?John R

It's not really much of a problem. Just doesn't seem to flare well before touchdown.FS Flightkeeper always critiques the landing as a "disaster"!! Dean PurcellCNK4Up the Irons!!

Seems I don't have this file (FSWRX1200.gua) at all! I uninstalled both versions and then reinstalled(from the JF dvd)the PSS 757.Dean PurcellCNK4Up the Irons!!

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this gauge?Dean PurcellCNK4Up the Irons!!

Dean,You should have it! I also have the JF DVD and that certainly installs the FSWXR gauge file. Try an uninstall/re-install. If that fails, the easiest way is for me to send you the file.John R

Thanks John. I uninstalled/reinstalled again this morning and this time the gauge showed up. All is well again!! Now......where did I put thatIron Maiden texture!!!Dean PurcellCNK4Up the Irons!!

Great!BTW the autoland 'heavy" landing has been discussed before. Evidently FS Pax has the same problem and says that all the passengers are complaining!Looking at a landing in detail, you can see the flare starting but I gues its a bit too late for the add-ons which look for a very low rod on touchdown.There is a long discussion on the old forum on the merits of firm landings versus greasers. The answer is of course: if in doubt go manual.RegardsJohn

From a real world training captain:"A firm landing in the TDZ is a good one, a smooth landing outside the TDZ is bad - despite any comments from the cabin crew!"Jim Harnes

Guest Nephron10

To whoever brought the PSS server back on line:Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank youCS 757 is now off my hard drive and will remain so...at least until patched further, then I might try the installorder given in this excellent support forum.Best RegardsErik

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.