Sign in to follow this  

Realiastic Tail Numbers

Does anyone have a link to a site which explains tail number designations (at least in the US)? I'd like to be able to assign realistic tail numbers to the built-in aircraft.Thanks.

Most U.S. airplanes now have 6 numbers/letters in their registration. All U.S. airplanes have a registration which begins with "N." The second character is a number 99.99% of the time. Same with the third and fourth characters. The fifth and sixth characters are either numbers or letters.Examples:N18952N4123TN391TGN2432There's an "N" number registry where you can look at certain tail numbers here:http://162.58.35.241/acdatabase/

Thanks JBFS2k2.Looks like N299FT is all mine. :)

if you want really realistic tail numbers goto airliners.net look up your aircraft and livery and then use that tail number!Clod

Great site!Thanks for the info Clod.

The method I use for tail numbers is a little different.When I assign one of my 127 AI aircraft to a flight plan, (Using TT tools) I change the N number to the actual aircraft. For example;AA_737or......DAL_320Then as I fly....the red number with the aircraft tells me what I'm flying with. I open up flightplan.txt...click the binoculars......The search mode......Type in CYYZ for example.....then using "Find next" assign every aircraft that uses that airport to the aircraft I want, and assign the tail Number.Now when I fly into CYYZ, I see the plane I want and it's tail number.I know there are other tools to do it with, but I use the KISS method.Thats my system.PeteCYYF

N700MSType Reservation No Fee Mode S Code 52252662 Reserved Date 05/24/1990 Renewal Date None Purge Date 99/99/9999 Pending Number Change None Date Change Authorized None Reserving Party Name U S MARSHAL SERVICE Street CONTRACT STATION 18 HANGAR 19 City OKLAHOMA CITY State OKLAHOMA Zip Code 73169 County OKLAHOMA Country UNITED STATES

I Actually saw N1 fly into Nantucket. Its a Government plane Like a G4. That was kinda cool.