Sign in to follow this  

Two simple questions

>>If you did that ("quickly push the stick forward") in a >modern fighter it would feel like your stomach was trying to >enter your mouth due to negative G's. The correct manuveur >would be to roll upside down and pull back on the stick. >This way you'd be pulling positive G's and would also be >able to keep your opponent in sight. >Okay................. I was thinking more of diving down under that bridge in my P-51D :)I know what you saying though. I've been able to experience positive & negative G's but only right close to the "five" level. No nine G F-16 experience here!L.Adamson

Wow, amazing replies to a basic question all pilots MUST know the answer to. If you want advise from a flight instructor, use power to control speed, elevator to control if you want to go up or down, that

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Peter wrote> An autopilot does a far better job than a pilot and the autopilot always uses pitch for descent rate.>Real world speed brakes are avoided if possible because they make a noise (passengers)and are usually a reflection of poor descent speed control.hi,i usually have my autopilot IAS engaged during descent. When ATC tell me it's time to go down i put AP-IAS at 250Kts but the plane cannot mantain that speed also if descending at 1500 ft/min; is that because i wanted to know if i could use air brakes.What should do in such situation?Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)