Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Gladden

Why do freeware developers still upload to them?

Hi, All best files from Flightsim.com go to fsplanets. Fsplanet get the files from flightsim.com People are free to upload them anywhere they want, I don't have any problem to access flightsim.com and download with no First Class Memberships, Just Enjoy All Major Flight Sim Web Site.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

In most cases the developers do not upload to these sites. They upload to Avsim and Flightsim com, and the other site owners then sift through the downloads and place the files on their site.Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Simply put, I don't. At least not anymore. Why? I found flightsim to be rather apathetic, and in some cases downright hostile, to the "little guy". It appears that they go out of the their way to support and advance the cause of commercial companies and the big name freeware "groups", but if you are a small private developer you aren't worthy of their attention. And when I say "they" I not only mean the operators of flightsim, but also the users. I posted repeated questions/comments there that were simply ignored. I see some of that attitude here on Avsim, but its far from being in the majority.Bottom line is, I won't upload my files to flightsim so that they can benefit from my efforts while I get treated like a second class citizen because I'm not one of the "big boys".Mike Stone

I don't like the way Flightsim and other such site are making money from freeware, cos essentially thats what they are doing. They say it is to support the site, but it doesn't benefit us! If they want to offer first class membership thats fine but at least be able to support your normal users as well! If you can't then don't bother at all. thats what I say.Also to all those independant freeware developers Keep it up and good luck I know what its like!Clod

I don't know how many authors actually upload to FSPlanet. A lot if stuff seems to be "borrowed", or downloaded from other locations. We PF stuff showed up there, we certainly didn't send it to them...

BobK

cuz I don't care about web site politics....B

Thats what I mean! Flightsim and FSPlanet enjoy the money earned from First Class Membership while developers who kindly uploaded it to them earn nothing! I have always wondered why FlightSim's library is so big. Avsim Rules! All my repaints have been only uploaded to Avsim. :)http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded/9vsve/sig1.jpg

Guest Leesw

Yeah, they post all my stuff without permission too. Maybe you should do a repaint that has "FSPLANET SUCKS" prominently displayed on the tail and see if they post that one.

>I don't know how many authors actually upload to FSPlanet. >A lot if stuff seems to be "borrowed", or downloaded from >other locations. We PF stuff showed up there, we certainly >didn't send it to them... There is no upload possibility in FSPLANET, every file has been stolen, without asking permission. Our latest release, Fouga Magister is there, I demand removing it but Ferdy answer that I have no legal rights!!!! So little by little we are telling people what happening and I am sure that every post reduce money that Ferdy gets by steeling other peoples work.

Ahhhhh... FS Planet. That used to be my homepage when I was getting into the online aspect of flightsim. Then I discovered Flightsim.com and Avsim. The guy really needs to learn how to make his site user friendly for us 56 kb'ers :-(Kari, if the Magister was uploaded there, then don't you have something in your copyright that says noone may upload without your permission?http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/fs_banner_je4.jpg Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your estimate -Anon

>Bottom line is, I won't upload my files to flightsim so that >they can benefit from my efforts while I get treated like a >second class citizen because I'm not one of the "big boys". >>Mike Stone MikeWhat makes you think that you are not one of the "big boys" -- from where I sit, as a developer you are a lot bigger than me or most of us who frequent this forum !! :)Barry

not to ignore anybody, Mike, and our freeware contributors and readers least of all !! But, sometimes a post scrolls off too quickly for us to notice.... so it still can happen that we miss the odd one. Just drop us an email if that happens :-) staff@avsim.com or fdumas@avsim.comHere to serve you and the community !! :-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog