Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Gladden

Why do freeware developers still upload to them?

Perhaps it would be worth seeing if his hosting company / ISP shares the same view !! Perhaps if they had a few e-mails from other authors as well then they may feel obligated to do something ?????They certainly shut down sites with commercial software fast enough - and you are the copyright holder of your own work......... then again that may be (very) wishful thinking !!

>Kari, if the Magister was uploaded there, then don't you >have something in your copyright that says noone may upload >without your permission? >Yes I have Copyright info in readme-file, maybe it is not clear enough:COPYRIGHT INFORMATION !!!You are not allowed to upload this aircraft without the written permission of Kari Virtanen and no repaints are to be performed and released without the permission of Kari Virtanen. Do not make any kind of changes to the zip-package. Also do not include this package on any commercial add-on CD without permission.If you like to upload this package send email to kari.virtanen@dlc.fi and include information and address to the site.If you make repaint and want to share it for others, send email to kari.virtanen@dlc.fi and we will release your repaint to make sure it won

You do NOT need a first class membership for downloading at flightsim.comWolfgang

If Mike is not BIG then I am microscopic that only the most powerfull microscope in the world could find the smallest trace of lolThere is two big names in flight sim every one knows And one is |Mike Stone.And I am glad he is here :)

My thoughts on this....Over the last 2 years I have released my files originaly Just to Flightsim, and now to both Flightsim.com and Avsim. I have always gotten good service from Flightsim. No offence to anyone here at Avsim but Avsim has a rather large staff vs. Flightsim basicaly has Nels doing things out of his house with an occasional hand from Lou. the first class membership horse was beaten to death several times over a few months ago in the Flightsim forums when Nels got shafted by his server host and speeds went to nil. he experienced quite a few problems trying to get things back to normal. I don't mind there being a 1st class membership at Flightsim (I have a 1st class membership myself) and I will still upload files there and to here at Avsim.As for FS planet I guess I will have to take a look over there and see what might be lurking over there that I have done.Brian

I know.... I just found most of my files..... They seem to like em' since they all have 4 or 5 stars........ :-lolBrian