Sign in to follow this  
patcal

Carenado V35

Anybody buy this plane yet? I was wondering about the interior & cockpit. They do not have any screenshots of this on their site. Any comments would be appretiated.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Pat, I think it's a very nice plane, very good 2D cockpit, pretty good 3D internals, extremely good external appearance, flies nice but some throttle anomalies. I don't care much for the sunscreen dimming of views outward other than forward, however.

Dick, Thanks for the response. What do you mean by throttle anomalies?Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Pat, Woops, sorry, I have the first Bonanza, not the V35. The throttle anomalies I have noticed are more connected with the prop control-- at cruise conditions, increasing the pitch to lower rpm actually seems to have the reverse effect. I've only noticed it once and then ignored it--I have really enjoyed the visual beauty of the Carenado planes, so when I fly it, I just don't fiddle with the prop pitch settings. In all other regards the flight model is smooth and believable. Maybe the V35 has had those problems resolved--it sure is a pretty plane, isn't it.

The V35 has always been my favorite GA plane. I have been flying Geoff's B33 Deb since it came out. Great plane. I guess I will hve to pick the V35 up this afternoon. I do not usually buy payware aircraft. I got the Cessna 421C from Flight1 now the V35. This could get to be a habit. :)Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Pat,If you do get the 35, be sure and let us know here how it compares with the Deb, a plane a lot of us fly as our default.

I will probably pick it up tonight. I will let you know tomorrow.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

I bought the Carenado V35 today. Here is my opinion for what it's worth. I do like the plane. It flies very well. It does not seem to have the initial power that the B33 has but it seems on the money for the specs. I have read. The outside looks awesome. Very detailed. The panel is not as nice as Geoff's Deb panel. There are more things on it but it is not as crisp as Geoff's. It is very functional though. The interior views are OK. Just OK, not anything great. For payware it is OK. Not nearly as nice as the Flight1 Cessna 421C. I am glad I have it added to my hanger. For $15 I would buy it again in hind site.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Pat,Thanks for the review. And, since you mention it, how would you rate the 421 (Golden Eagle) against the Deb? Particularly in terms of handling at landing speeds.

The 421 is awesome. It flies well thoughout the envelope. It lands faster then the Deb but very stable & smooth. I am having a hard time with all these planes lately. Just not enough time.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit