Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know if Anaglyph glasses work with Radeon cards

Just wondering . . .Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel,Not with the Nvidia Stereo drivers of course. I don't know if ATI has released stereo drivers for their cards or not however. Most stereo drivers are made for page-flip stereo mode - Nvidia is one of the only companies I've seen who has released anaglyph support in theirs. So, it makes me doubt ATI has as well... But check their site to find out for sure.If ATI doesn't have any stereo drivers at all, you can always purchase shutter glasses. Most of them come with their own proprietary drivers that work with a few games, if not most. But they don't have near as high a reputation as the Nvidia stereo drivers do. Best bet is to hit an ATI specific forum and ask around... Such as:http://www.rage3d.comGood luck, http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

There is one company who sell a 3D driver and works with Anaglyph glass and may work with your Graphics card. Don't ask me where I seen it. I just typed in and did a search for 3D glasses and found it somewhere. It's there own 3D driver for the red/blue glasses, so I guess it's setup for any graphics card.Do a search, and type in 3d glasses and see if you can find it. I think I also used Goggle when searching, as I use this the most.They also supply a cardboard pair of glasses, but buying a really good pair is well worth it and so much clearer than the cardboard homemade ones.Someone suggested buying shutter glasses, but I don't like them for a couple of reasons:They cost a lot more the red/blue glassesare less comfatable to wearand you need a monitor with a very high refresh rate, else you get a lot of flicker. Unless your monitor has a refresh rate of 120 mhz minum forget it.And also a montior with a higher refresh rate is going to cost you more.If I can find where I seen the 3D driver I will post it here.

Hi,Just a note of clarification:You can easily find 19" monitors today in the $300-$500 range that support 170Hz at 800x600 and 144Hz at 1024x768 (thats 85Hz and 72Hz respectively in stereo view). At those or higher refresh rates, page flip stereo viewing can be used for hours on end (essentially its hardly different than non-stereo view with that high of refresh rates).I've been into stereo viewing for many years and have tried all kinds of types. Page-flip (with Shutter Glasses) is, by far, the most realistic when it comes to 3D on a computer. Not only is the color fidelity absolutely perfect, but the stereo effect is much more bearable for long periods of time compared to anaglyph viewing (with high refresh rates of course).As for cost: considering they come as freebies with some of the latest cards, or $20-$100 post purchase addons these days, its not that expensive. Anaglyph prices they are not... But for an extra $0 to $100 dollar investment above a normal system purchase, they can't be beat.Anaglyph glasses are an extremely good way to be introduced to stereo viewing for a pittance. If you like the experience, you'd owe it to yourself to upgrade later on to a good page flip setup.Here's a great inexpensive starter monitor that works wonderfully in page flip mode:LG FLATRON 915FT PLUS(85Hz Stereo at 800x600 up to 60Hz Stereo at 1152x870)http://www.lgeus.com/Product/Monitor/915ft.aspCurrent Pricing ($341.82):http://www.ncix.com/usa/productdetail.php?...286e3077ca0ad90I personally use a Viewsonic P225 21" that supports the full 350Mhz that most video cards today max out at.Take care,http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

I know over here in NZ that 19" monitors are expensive, so to be able to use shutter glasses, by the time you buy a new monitor, and the shutter glasses, which are not cheap. It is quite an expensive outlay for 3D. You may think $300 is not bad for a monitor, and maybe it is, but for the average person they cannot be bothered with the more expensive outlay to get 3D.Yes the red/blue glasses are a good intro for getting into 3D, and ideal for many people as you don't have any extra costs, and can easliy make a pair of red/blue glasses for almost nothing, and work fine for most people, unless your really into 3D in a big way like yourself. Sure the red/blue glasses may not produce as good an image as the shutter glasses, but I am happy. I did obtain a really good pair of red/blue glasses and can view for hours, as they are heaps clearer and far less ghosting and get natural colour. They are so much better than the pair I made, or even the cardboard ones you can get off the internet, as they are made to professional standard.So for many people I think that the time they spead with 3D the red/blue method for them will be ok, and yes if you want better 3D your going to have to pay for it, but the point is that many people here did not know of the red/blue way of getting 3D and only thought you could get 3D with the more expensive LCD, or shutter glasses, and with the red/blue method people can make there own glasses for almost nothing, and without expensive montiors, because the red/blue method you don't need a high refresh rate. I run my monitor at only 85 mhz, as that's all it will go to, and get no flicker, but with shutter glasses this would be impossible to run without a lot of flicker.I am sure if someone who wants to get into 3D further and like it heaps will invest in Shutter glasses, and better monitors. But for many, like myself am happy getting 3D using red/blue glasses.Still it boils down to you get what you pay for. The more you are willing to pay out, the better your 3D experence, but for casual 3D this is a good cheap method, and sure not as good as shutter glasses, but is one method of getting cheap 3D at a cost of almost nothing that not many here new about and was happy to mention it here, and glad to see some people here are using it.Maybe some of the people here may like it enough to get better 3D viewing glasses. Like you said it's a good intro, but for many, also with a good quaility pair of glasses we can be happy enough to have 3D views without the great expense involved. Iam also not into 3D in a big way to want a more expensive monitor, and shutter glasses. These things over here in New Zealand are not cheap to buy.

Guest PhilC

Just remember that FS2K2 is a Direct3D program. The Eyescream software only supports OpenGL at this time.

Thanks folks, and good catch too PhilC.I wonder if anyone knows how the LCD virtual reality headsets work, that are a lot more pricey, as in $500 to $2000?If a nice cheap solution like the anaglyph glasses won't work I will prob wait til someone comes out with some truly nice LCD glasses like I think it was called the i-Glasses or some such name. I'm very much stuck on high resolution graphics, and I didn't like the course interlaced appearance of 800x600 with shutter glassess. Cool effect but ugly image quality compared to the 1792 x 1344 x 32 I can current use FS2k2 in.Thanks for all your responeses :()Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel,Actually, thats one good benefit of page fliped 3D: the percieved resolution is much higher because you are seeing a slight shifted scene up to 170 times per second (85 times per second per eye). The end result is it feels like you are seeing a much higher resolution image.While it is of course great to see 3D in higher resolutions (and it is possible: on my monitor I use 1280x1024 at 75Hz per eye, 150Hz in total), even at 800x600 or 1152x864, the effect is quite good.But I do hope you can find some anaglyph drivers for your system so you can check out 3D in the first place.Take care,http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Hi Denodan,Don't get me wrong my friend: I completely agree that anaglyph is perfectly fine for many. And of course prices for monitors and 3D glasses are different all around the world. In the previous post, I just wanted to clarify that shutter glasses come free with many video cards today and that a monitor that supports great page flipped mode is no more expensive (or even less expensive like the one I pointed out) than any other monitor people buy with their systems. I wanted to make sure it was clear that someone doesn't have to buy a whole new monitor for their system if they purchase one in the beginning with a new system, etc. that supports high refresh rates.I've *very* happy that you are pleased with anaglyph 3D. As a proponent of 3D viewing, its all I could want for you. And I'm also very happy that you introduced the benefits of anaglyph viewing to many members of this forum.Take care,http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif