Sign in to follow this  

Adding to ATC Callsigns

Hi, I've recently decided to try to add Southwest to the list of callsigns that ATC will use when comunicating. I've read a how-to posting and followed it word-for-word, but when I get to the part of running the Vpedit program and selecting the language, there is nothing in the drop down menu to pick from. I've heard that it requires the latest version of IE and I have a new computer with v 6.0 on it so it should work, but doesn't. Does anyone know what might be the problem? I've also heard of a voice pak file adding Southwest that can be downloaded, but I can't find the link, does anyone know?Thanks,Kevin

A couple months ago someone (I wish I could remember his name) came out with a self-extracting(installing) program that added the name Southwest to ATC.If anyone else used this persons program, I would sure like to know his name in case he has added other airline names that we would all like to see.Mike

Can anybody tell me why everyone wants to use Orange as call sign for Southwest when it is in fact the call sign for Air Holland Charter (at least according to the ICAO database) ? Doesn't seem a likely match to me. :-hmmmThanks in advance, just confused here...__________________________________________________________EricUPDATED: List of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

I updated that file March 29th so when looking for the Southwest archive post it was around that date. The file is Big and I cant find where I stored it or got it. It wasn't me by the way that made it I downloaded from someone. (Kinda read like I was the one and I edited this reply to correct that).Kilstorm

Has anyone got Fed Ex to work on voice? I have it in my airlines file but havent heard it yet?

Guest Joshieca

Because Eric the majority of Southwest's planes are painted Orange...but that would explain why when I was flying around Holland I heard Orange over there....Hmmm...thanks.....Maybe I can start to use only the blue version of SW and call them blue streak??SW_junk.jpg- Josh>Can anybody tell me why everyone wants to use Orange as call >sign for Southwest when it is in fact the call sign for Air >Holland Charter (at least according to the ICAO database) ? >Doesn't seem a likely match to me. :-hmmm >>Thanks in advance, just confused here... >>>__________________________________________________________ >Eric >

Guest Joshieca

FED EX works. I heard it all the time...too much sometimes.. =(>Has anyone got Fed Ex to work on voice? I have it in my >airlines file but havent heard it yet?

hehReminds me of "Where's Waldo" for some reason..:-outta

forgot to put a flight number to it is why it didnt work. Thx

Kevin,copy all msxml*.dll's (from the main fs2000 folder) into the folder with VPEdit.exe in it. I had the same problem - and use no IE at all on my system. :)ckfly

Guest Joshieca

Thanks Bob...Just tried it out...works very well. Now Southwest is call sign Southwest, and Frontier is Frontier not Frontier Flight...although the author did create America West but the real call sign for AW is CACTUS which was already in place, the same with British Air and Speedbird....but hey Southwest now works... :)>http://www.fsfreeware.com/dcd/FS2002/Sound/index-7.html >>2nd from the bottom.. >>Works great.. Been using it since I found few months ago..