Sign in to follow this  

Is there a way to remove bimbo from Golden 421

I know most of u guys think its cute to have that chick fly with ya, but is there a way to remove her ?Not my type :)Thanks,Andrei Malishkin-=AM=-

Guest Timbo

Unless Roger Dial and crew release a seperate model without her, there's no way to remove her.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:timsfsstudio.home.attbi.com]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated June 8th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

>I know most of u guys think its cute to have that chick fly >with ya, but is there a way to remove her ? Agree 100%...I highly doubt there is a way unless they release another model without her. But if they did, I would probably be much more likely to buy it (thats probably my biggest dislike of the 421).ScottEdit: Tim and myself must have posted at same time :)

Guest Toni Rauch

I think she's quite cute.She's also very convenient as a cup-holder during long, thirsty flights.....:-smile12

I hate those pilot and copilot figures you can see from inside the cockpit. God their ugly !!Takes all the realism out of flying. :-)SteveCYYZ

Oh sure, you come out with a change after I put white-out on my monitor screen!Now I have to order 421 just to see what they are talking about...But I think you are correct on the "cartoon" co-pilots that are creeping into some of the flightdecks here.Hmmm sounds like a Rodney Dangerfield line-"Your co-pilot is so ugly...." (fill in the rest)-That the tower told you to go-around then closed the airport-ATC changed your call sign to Medusa Flight-FBO's refuse to park you-you make the co-pilot fly "under the hood" for 3 hours.-The crash/fire/rescue crew responds as you park and ask if your copilot survived the accident-Animal control arrives with a large kennel.Timothy

Roger,Great plane :-)I love it.Maybe you will have to offer alternative co-pilots blondes, brunettes, red heads.....What about in the rear a shapely leg would liven up the view when sitting in the back seat loooking forward.BTW I have flown with two female co-pilots real world and they werent to far off yours .....well maybe not quite the same ;-)Peter

You're right, I believe it was a mistake to put her on the cockpit.Honestly, I would not mind an empty cockpit. I mean, really -- can the Flight1 team put out an alternative downloadable 421 model "without" any pilots? I bet that's not a lot of work to do that :-badteethWhile we're in the subject of things I dislike about the 421 (what's not to like on this beauty?): I would have preferred to have a 421 airraft "without" the pilot and co-pilot's wooden privacy panels behind their seats, sort of like the Baron and many of the 421C that are "open cockpit" -- this would give us a much better backward view. There is no way for us to remove all this (low-tech) wooden stuff aourselves, right? :-bangAnyway, regardless of the crew and BBQ-style old-fashiones wood appointments (:-erks), this is the best FS2002 GA aircraft money can buy :-yellow1Best reagards,Kerke (KTMB)---

Guest Scott Campbell

Roger,It's a fully textured object?If so, then people can replace the texture with a black transparent one - then everyone's happy.I don't have it, so I don't know.

Hehehe, Rodney Dangerfield. He's one of my all time favorites.Peter, actually she started out as a blonde, but somehow became a brunette in the building process :)LOL, Scott. I used that technique all the time when I was building FSDS models for cutting out windows, prop blades, etc. That was very clever but it didn't occur to me :)Here is a collection of alternative textures for the pilots to change anything from raising the neckline on Gina, to making one or both of the pilots invisible :)http://www.the-hangar.net/pilots.zipBest,

Guest eko

Roger,While I do not own the 421 (i'm a bit of a cheapskate...), I have to mention how impressed I am by your quick responses to questions/concerns users have about the plane, and your fantastic willingness to help and offer solutions. (Not just in this thread, but on all the threads I have seen regarding this product.) This kind of attention to the customer and willingness to help are certainly deciding and crucial factors when I am faced with the decision to cough up my money. :)You're winning a customer here all the time buddy.

eko, the 421C is fantastic, and addictive too!At age 46, the 421C is currently the best toy in my playroom :-yellow1Kerke (KTMB)---

Hi Kerke, To answer your question to the removal of the wooden divider panels..You see this would a lengthy process...First we would have to contact the local FSDO and get a field approval for removal of the panels since these are required, then once the paper work was done we would have to hire a certified AI and get him to sign it off and send in a 337 form and wait approval.And since we are running a part 135 operation with the 421C we certainly want to do things above board. So the answer is.. No :-lol Best,Jim Rhoads