Sign in to follow this  

New PC specs

I'm planning to build a new PC from the following components:ATX Midi Lownoise 300WATTDVD ROM 16x512MB DDRAM PC2700 333MHzHDD 40GB 7200 rpm IDE ATA 100 + CoolerMSI 645 Ultra SIS P4 DDR S478Intel P4 2.2GHz socket 478MSI Geforce4 Ti4400 VTD 128MBDoes someone has good or bad experiences with some of these components or maybe has some other suggestions for my PC? And is it worth the money to buy a GF4 Ti4600 instead of a Ti4400, or is the difference to small in FS2k2?And what framerates can I expect in FS2k2 with these components under W2K prof with all sliders maximized? Thanks for all replies!Redmar

well it looks good i know a freind that works with that card and he says it works great to bad he does not use Flight Simulator maybe you wanna just stick to regular CD Rom so you can get a great speed on it unless you need the DVD ROM like me i have a P-4 1.5 MGH Getforce 3 64MB 768MB RAM RDRAM PC800i get a 20FPS under heavy scenery and everything maxed and it droppes down to 12 sometimes but it runs smooth in other conditions i can possibly get like 100FPS in flight

You may want to stall that purchase for a few months if you can, otherwise, try and make sure the ram is CAS 2, not CAS 2.5/3.0Rest is perfectly acceptable for FS use. The differences between a 4400 & 4600 are nil since FS barely knows how to use a GF 3 ;-)Since the AGP 3.0 boards are not out yet, sinking a bundle into a video card right now doesn't really make much sense IMHO, probably better off getting a cheap GF 3 Ti200 to hold you over until the real upgrade. Non 8x cards will be rather cheap once the first crop of 8x cards hits...Toss an extra hundred $ into the hard drive and get one of the higher performers with the 8Meg cache instead of a medium speed one, since it will probably survive your next upgrade, and you can never have too much space.I agree with your 16x dvd, the 40+x cd's make WAY TOO MUCH noise for home use, sounds like a merlin starting up everytime you access it, the slower drives are much quieter and don't have as many problems dealing with a out of balance cd (which I have been getting more and more of now that these stupid software packagers have gone to the new styles)...Frame rates fully maxed will be 20-25 fps, just like everyone else ;-)Once you add up all the scenery and mesh and addons, you'll be back down to 15, but looking better then you were before ... the reality of upgrades, one upgrades, then adds more stuff to counteract the upgrade until one is exactly back at the starting point :-lolRay