Sign in to follow this  

On the Build AGAIN New PC

Im awaiting a dispursment from my former employer on some stocks I had with them before my facility was closed last fall.I am planning on building from scatch a system for MSFS.Proposed hardwareMSI KT3 6380 ultra pro MBAMD 1800+ CPU512 DDRMSI GF4ti4400 Vid card-----any better suggestions(manufactures)SB Live 5.1 Sound----was planning on a SB audigy but told not worth itWinXP----any one have Vid drvers suggestions.2 additional case fans, I want it running cool.I dont care about frame rates as long as I can get liquidity in frame flow, it doesent matter to me if I am 13-18fps or 25-40fps I just want it smooth and studder free even with SimFlyer scenerys and PSS/DF/PIC.Before I buy my Video card I am going to see how the above componentshandle my GF3ti20064 cardhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

Guest Max Cowgill

>Im awaiting a dispursment from my former employer on some >stocks I had with them before my facility was closed last >fall. >>I am planning on building from scatch a system for MSFS. >>Proposed hardware >>MSI KT3 6380 ultra pro MB >AMD 1800+ CPU >512 DDR >MSI GF4ti4400 Vid card-----any better >suggestions(manufactures) >SB Live 5.1 Sound----was planning on a SB audigy but told >not worth it >WinXP----any one have Vid drvers suggestions. >2 additional case fans, I want it running cool. I would recommend against the KT3 Ultra mobo. I just picked one up a couple days ago and find it to be not nearly as fast (with the exception of memory bandwidth @ lower FSBs) OR stable as my old Soyo Dragon Plus mobo. If you want a fast/stable KT333 mobo, look at the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP, Asus A7V333, and Epox 8K3A+. Of course, the KT400 is out, and mobos based on this chipset will be in stores within a few weeks. Also, if you're getting AMD/VIA DO NOT BUY AN SB LIVE! Go with onboard sound if you have to for now, just don't get the SB Live. As far as drivers go, the next version of the Dets are coming out any day now and are supposed to fix the Aniso problems with the GF4.Max Cowgill

Hi,I fully backup what Max just recommended... Except for possibly the onboard sound. Most onboard sound solutions are software based instead of hardware - something that can drive your framerates into the ground in some instances. Unless a hardware solution from the likes of CMedia or Creative is included, I'd highly recommended an external card. Max is completely right in saying the SBLive is a bad solution however. The Audigy in its OEM version is extremely cheap these days and provides good to excellent performance with their drivers. The SBLive does not however. Also, you'll get a freebie FireWire port on the Audigy to boot.As for the graphic card, unless Video In is important to you, I'd suggest the ABIT Siluro GeForce4 Ti4400 instead. Its price is much lower than most competing Ti4400's on the market at this point (including the MSI), but it provides the exact same out of box performance and middle range overclockability (and it does have TV Out - just not video In). If Video In is important to you, I'd suggest the Gainward Ultra 700. Its a top notch card feature wise.Good luck,http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif