Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Pushback problems

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Hi, everyone. I need some help. The pushback feature in FS2002 doesn't seem to work on my system. I can go back in a straight line no probs. but i can't turn to save my life! I keep pressing the 1 and 2 keys as hard as i can (thinking they might be sticky) but to no avail. I've fiddled with the numpad/numlock, looked up the help and all the rest but i can't get my planes to change direction when being pushed-back. Have i missed something blindingly obvious, or are there others out there with this problem?

I've heard that some have experienced this because of changing views (cockpit to spot to whatever) during the pushback; I guess maybe just to watch it from tower or something. While I have only used pushback while in cockpit, I've never had that occur...anyone else?Rick

Should work with the default a/c but not with some/all(?) add-ons.You use the main keyboard numbers not the keypad ones.For add-on a/c you need to re-assign the push-back key 'P' to something else not used by FS and then push-back will work with add-ons as well.

i experienced the same thing when i was beginning to use it, and if it helps, my problem was that i was thinking that i push 1 or 2 whenever I WANT to start turning, but what you have to do is right after you push shift+p you immediately have to push either 1 or 2 and the pushback feature will turn the aircraft when it sees fit. So you push shift+p and then either 1 or 2, and then wait for it to turn the plane. you can't wait for a while to push 1 or 2 or it recognizes that you want to just pushback straight............and as far ##### add-ons and such, i've never had to configure anything to make it work its automatically programed when i use it............just fyi i guess............hope this helps!!

Hi Mark,I used to have pushback problems too until I discovered the following: after hitting 'shift p' to start your pushback, don't touch the keyboard or send any kind of input to fs again except 1 or 2 to turn - if you do ANYTHING after hitting shift p, like to communicate with atc or change views for instance, the aircraft will not turn when you then hit 1 or 2. I can't say that i notice any difference between default and addon a/c when it comes to pushback.By the way, its been discovered (fs2002 tips library) that after you hit 1 or 2 to turn, the aircraft first travels its own length, THEN turns - seems to be true, so now I just wait until I'm a fuselage away from the point at which I want to turn, then 1 or 2, and voila!works flawlessly for me every time now anyway.Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Thanks everyone, i'll try these out!

Guest Mark Hazeldine

OK. I'm in the PSS Airbus in cockpit view. I press Shift+P, then i immediately press 1 once on the keyboard and watch, without touching a thing or letting my joystick move. It starts moving back, and back, and back, and it keeps going...... I'm out of the airport now, still going back, i haven't turned yet! I've tried everything you said but I think my pushback tug is on rails or something! Do I have a dodgy copy of FS?

Guest Mark Hazeldine

It still doesn't work.

Re-read msg#2 and act on it.Then go to spot view and try p/b again, release the push-back key BEFORE releasing the 'turn' key, it works here.

Guest RonB49

I don't own the PSS Airbus but I had pushback problems when using some third-party panels. Based on a tip from someone in this forum, I changed the pushback key chord from Shift+p to Ctrl+p. That fixed all of the problems for me; now all planes turn like they're supposed to. Try it. R-