Sign in to follow this  
macwino

Is there a limit to the number of Scenery Library entri

I seem to have hit a limit on the number of entries I can have in the Scenery Library. I can add no more than 331. I can still add new entries, but they do not show up on the list accessed within the program. However, they do show up in the scenery.cfg file, but the numbering is all messed up. For example, when I realized my entries weren't showing up in the program's list of scenery, I opened the scenery.cfg file and saw that I had entries through Layer 334, and then after Layer 334 several more Layer 332 entries. Can anyone tell me what's going on and if there's a workaround for this problem. Thanks. BTW, I haven't been able to tell if the Layer entries numbered above 331 appear in the program because they're not sceneries where I really know what to look for and I've not wanted to touch anything before perhaps getting some expert advice on this forum

It might be that M$ just never guessed that someone would add 331 add-on scenery entries. Therefore, there could be a bug in the game that just doesn't allow you to add any more. I dont know though, I only have about 20 Add on entries.

I just make one huge addon scenery direcory and place the whole bunch there.So I just have one area added above the stock scenery.Works well, and dont see a problem.Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johd

I've not followed this procedure because there are a number of sceneries that I like to be able to deactivate for demonstration purposes, testing, etc. But if I have to go this route, then I'll just have to keep a careful record of the files for each scenery add-on and just remove them manually.