Sign in to follow this  

Carenado Beech V35

Richard,I have the Carenado F33 and I like it very much. It's fun to fly and looks great. The 2D panel looks pretty nice and I can read the gauges. You say they don't have the real gauges, but some models and airplanes can have a variety of gauges, and depends on the year of manufacture, the country of usage, and the options put on by the owner. The VC is pretty nice in my opinion, but I don't use the VC to read the gauges, but to look around. I believe the Bonanza was well worth the $15 I spent, and I'd do it again, and I think that Carenado is being very generous to offer you another model.Bill

hey bill have not heard from you in awhile you must be working hard ;).Yes I was REALLY surprised by that offer.I do think the aircraft visually are worth the money but the cockpit is what i truely care about .The fact that some of the gauges are not true beechcraft instruments and that the VC is so unclear does not make me feel like my money was well spent, atleast from a interior prospective.This is exactly how I explained myself in the email I sent them.They where very quick to respond and I now feel a bit better about giving them my $15 even though it was not the answer i was looking for.I hope they fix some of this problems with a patch.We all now how clear a VC can be so there is no excuse for it not to be atleast from payware prospective.VC's iam sure are VERY VERY hard work and VERY time consuming but most people are going to start comparing DF's archer VC to most "newer payware" projects out there.Iam one of those people.I spent $20 for the archer and it's a full gmax model,all fs2002 features,crystal clear VC and 2d view plus config o matic and text o matic with sounds.When comparing that with what i just purchased I was some what surprised.I do not understand why the outside looks as good as it does yet the interior is not .It boggles me a bit.they did do a great job with though I just think for payware it needs to be one notch better in clearity for VC and some gauges then it's perfect product .,Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Richard,In other words, you don't like this product because the VC is not as good as you thought? By that standard, you should absolutely hate the ERJ. Bill

Bill :( No it was not just the VC.There where a few other things that got to me.Besides the VC clearity but the VC was one of the reasons I got this plane.It looks very clear on there website but it's a different picture once you buy it.That's what got me a bit upset at first.The 2d panel is nice though although some of the gagues do not represent true beech parts.There were a few other nit picky things that really got to me but all is fine now.After a few emails Iam pretty happy.I think the quick support and free offering was enough to let everything go.I must admit though, the damm plane is starting to grow on me because they responded quick.and Iam considering that reality xp now :) Bill you know I love your work ! iam your chief marketing officer REMEMBER :-lol Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest Twister

The Anywhere Map is very functional but half of its features do not work outside of the U.S. (data link and such ).You're so lucky to be able to travel to Oshkosh ! Don't forget to take plenty of pictures and post them on Avsim.Take careTwister

Guest Moghdad

The new Flight 1 421C panels are no better. Very disappointed with the legibility, design, and ease of use. The Archer II is so vastly superior to anything else I've seen, that "good enough" just isn't good enough any more. I haven't tried the Debonair since I won't do without the VC anymore.

Richard,I love V-tail Bonanzas, and since your post alerted me to the fact that it was now available, I got it last night. After doing some test flights and checking out its features, I made these screen shots.http://home.attbi.com/~wsgrabowski/Vtail.jpghttp://home.attbi.com/~wsgrabowski/Panel2D.jpghttp://home.attbi.com/~wsgrabowski/VCfront.jpghttp://home.attbi.com/~wsgrabowski/VCside.jpgI think this is a pretty cool airplane. To fix the not-so-attractive attitude indicator, I switched to the default Cessna gauge as recommended by Techazoid in another post on this forum, not pictured here. And the V-tail flies real nice too. The cockpit views don't have the greenish tint that the F33 has. I like it... a lot.Bill

>The new Flight 1 421C panels are no better. Very >disappointed with the legibility, design, and ease of use. >The Archer II is so vastly superior to anything else I've >seen, that "good enough" just isn't good enough any more. I >haven't tried the Debonair since I won't do without the VC >anymore. If your P/C can handle it, there is a 1024*1024 file modification for the 421C's virtual panel. It makes the instruments extremely clear. I have the Archer also & agree that it's VC panel is one of the best in the business, but the 421 panel (with mod's) & dome light change is right up there with it.L.Adamson