Sign in to follow this  
KennyG

Go Around

Hi AllIs there a setting which will reduce the number of times tower will request you to go around.It appears that every 3rd or 4th landing, tower is requesting that I go around for no apparent reason.Thanking you in advance for any assistance.Kenny G.

Guest Scott Campbell

Ken,Yes, it's called Radar Contact v3.01. ;-) It's fixed in the patch that'll be released.In the meantime, carry lots of steak. ;-)

You can ignore the go-around order and land anyway, if you wish. Ground picks up without missing a beat.All that happens is that you get royally chewed out if you do the critique after the flight.Why does tower care that you land anyway? You're reducing their workload!-Simon

Guest Scott Campbell

>Why does tower care that you land anyway? You're reducing their workload!Not when you've crashed headlong into an airport service vehicle, hit a flock of geese and destroyed an engine, ran into a pothole and ripped your gear off and blew up, or ran into another aircraft and killed 600 people.Tower cares a lot if you ignore them - thus why your ticket is pulled if you land anyway.There are a lot of reasons you may be given a go around, not all of which you can see.

If the message is first given when your wheels are 1 inch over the runway - and there's absolutely no traffic in sight, i give them the finger and land... Otherwise the controllers must be a little bit more on their alert! ;-)

Guest Scott Campbell

Lars,Again, there are a lot of reasons you will be given a go-around. It's not unheard of to be given one as you touch down, although extremely rare.Imaging a guy behind you 2 miles in tail with two engines out - and he only has two engines. He's not getting a go-around, and he's not waiting for you to get off the runway.Larry could probably give you some chilling stories.Nonetheless, the rampant controller go-arounds is pretty much gone in the update. Much more realistic.

Well - guess we all enjoy the Simulator "our way"... In real life i would of course do as told, but in the simulator - well, if i have to spend another 15 min. or so - and perhaps even destroying what could have been a perfect landing, i want to see some reason for it... When landing with others landing the other way - for some reason, i don't get any "go around". Wouldn't it be more obvious there?? ;-)

Guest Scott Campbell

Lars,> When landing with others landing the other way - for some reason, i don't get any "go around". Wouldn't it be more obvious there??That will be changing. 'nough said. ;-)