Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Quick Poll...Would anyone like taxiway signs for CYYT..

Guest abent

...CYQX, CYYRI'm just wondering if any people who do trans-Atlantic flights use these airports for refueling along their way or otherwise generally use them:CYYT St. Johns, NewfoundlandCYQX Gander International AIrportCYYR 5 Wing Goose Bay LabradorI'm doing some Canadian sign projects with Taxiwaysigns.com and would certainly do one or more of these if there is an interest; if they are used.If you are interested in any of these, please let me know which one.Thanks, Adam :-)

My reply may not be 100% on the subject but I once sent email to Taxiwaysigns.com asking them for possibility of releasing all these wonderfull signs in batches of 5-10 airports at once (grouped as a single install). It gets tiresome to install them airport by airport. Also there is a lot of repetition among their texture files so I question wisdom of having identical copies of those in seperate folders. Anyway, sent them email and never got reply.The airports above - sounds lovely to me.Michael J.

Guest Heather 636

I'll take all you want to create Adam.In fact went into St. Johns before on a jaunt across the pond. Taxiway signs would be nice.Cheers!Heather

Hi Adam,I do use St Johns now and again and would like taxiway signs. Also I much appreciate all the ones that you have come up with

Guest abent

Well I will get to work on St Johns then. Michael, create one folder called taxiwaysigns in FS2002 ADDON SCENERY. In that folder create 2 sub folders: scenery and texture. Copy the textures from one of your other taxiwaysigns sceneries into the new texture folder you just created. Then from now on all you have to do is copy the .bgl file from any taxiwaysigns scenery you download to the scenery sub folder you just created. FS will find the .bgl in there. The textures do not need to be copied each time as they are already there. It makes it a lot less hassle. Good Luck, Adam :-)

Adam,This is exactly what I did. However it would help if Taxiwaysigns kept consistent naming conventions for their texture files. Texture files that are identical should be named identically, those that are different must be named differently. When I go home I can find you an example where KSFO taxiways and some other airport taxiways use the same *.bmp file name for two different *.bmp files (I opened both of them). Now if I put them in the same directory clearly only one can exist.Michael J.

Guest abent

OK Michael I see what you mean. I have one texture that works for all the sceneries I have created. I could send you the generic texture I have and you could try it. Would you like it?You would have to back up your other textures of course in case it doesn't work for everything.Adam

I would really appreciate it for CYYT. I recently landed there for refueling, while crossing the Atlantic in the beautiful FSD Cheyenne 400LS (I love that plane ;-)). Went KLAL-CYYT-EIDL-EPPO. Heh, I landed with only 2% fuel remaining. And it was a close one, that first leg was about 1800nm, and the plane's rated for 1880nm or so.And I did like St. Johns airport, what with the taxiing on the runway to get to the end of it, turn around, and take-off. -Lukexcom, :-wave----BEGIN FS CODE BLOCK----G:KMSP a--- R FS+ F++ P X++ FU+++ C++ H++ O V+++ AVSIM+++ TS+++-----END FS CODE BLOCK-----

Guest abent

Wow that was tight! Yeah that Cheyenne is a piece of work, eh. I have it too. Beautiful ac.I will do CYYT, however I just went there in FS and unfortunately FS ATC does not recognize taxiways for St Johns. Hopefully someone who uses AFCAD can program FS's ground for taxi instructions. Ground just says "taxi to and hold short of rwy 11 via taxiway___runway 11. Bummer! :-(This is too bad but again hopefully someone will be able to rectify this. I'm gonna have to check the other airports I mentioned for this same problem. Even CYUL (Montreal) has that problem leaving the gate...somehow it has proper ATC ground when leaving the runway. Go figure!Adam

Adam,Could you send them to me. thanks.michaljast@frys.comMichael J.