Sign in to follow this  
jd

if you would like to try 3.01

download it from herewww.jdtllc.com/v3/rcv301.zipthis is a beta release (but no bad reports as of yet).there are a number of things it improves on1) air carriers are not called at little airports during synthetic chatter2) altimeter is not called every 30 seconds, because an external weather program is smoothing the transition3) support for active sky arrival weather4) THERE IS NO GROUND AWARENESS IN THIS BUILD5) fs98 wind direction, speed and visibility are now correct6) remembers the last transition altitudes/FL's between sessions, even when sucking in a new .pln file7) proper handling of atis frequencies for flitestar8) better processing of wav playing.before i officially release it, i'll wait til peter dowson releases the new advdisp that he is working ontwo things to do with this build!you must set your transitions altitudes on the first flight you run, after installing this build. they will be set to 0if you are using a batch file to adjust the priorities, you can forget all that. now a simple shortcut will do. to increase the priority to high, the command line for the shortcut will be"c:whateverpathrcv3rcv3.exe" /highfor realtime, it will be"c:whateverpathrcv3rcv3.exe" /realtimefor low, it will be"c:whateverpathrcv3rcv3.exe" /lowplease let me know how the /realtime, /high, /low command line flags work.also let me know if you find any problems. report them here.off to work on ground traffic awareness :-)

Guest klucznik

Thanks JD, I'll try using this beta with FS2K2, FSNav, RCV3, FDC & ActiveSky using the networked PC's.Regards

>>off to work on ground traffic awareness<< Now this makes me :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1Best RegardsBruno

Hi,I saw that the slider option problem (using the char "," and not "." for double values) on german systems still exists. Will it be fixed in the final 3.01?RegardsThomas

I have experimented with the priority switch, but can not get it to work. What I have done is to- Changed my shortcut to "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002RadarContact3rcv3.exe" /realtime- When I start RC the splash screen correctly states "Priority set to realtime" in the lower left corner- But when checking the priority in Task manager/processes it has priority Normal- Setting priority by a batch file with the command "start /realtime rcv3.exe" works fine as it did before- I have also, just to make sure, checked the version of the new .exe and it is 3.0.0.1723My system is Windows XP Pro with SP1Finally I must say, thank you for a great product!RegardsMagnushttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Guest Scott Campbell

What you are doing is setting the process thread priority. Task Manager will not reflect that. Trust me, RC is running in realtime mode. Try it and listen to the voices in /normal and /realtime modes.

Guest Skywalker

Dear ScottWould 3.01 include a fix for the priority issue (slow speach) with Flight Deck Companion? I am still runnung FS, RC and FDC with batches on low priority, which allows an acceptable result. However, a fix would be great though.Kind regards and many thanks!Sam

the fix that is included in this release, is the ability to specify on the command line, what priority you want rc to run. hopefully this will eliminate all of the batch file problems, spaces in path names, and generally make it easier for the user to specify the priority of rc.why fdc can't run at different priorities is a mystery.

JDWill that command line work with Win98 as well as WinXP.Arnold

Guest sludge

Hello:Using the command line for my desktop shortcut of:C:Radarrcv30rcv3.exe /high I get vvveeerrrryyyy sssslllooooowwwww AAAATTTTTCCCCC.Am I doing it right, do I need the quote marks in the command line, or ?Thanks for an excellent product!

Guest sludge

Oops, I meant to provide system information in my post above:Dell Dimension 8200 with 2.0 GB P-4 processor, Windows XP home SP1, FS2002, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 mb, 640 mb RAMThanksBill

does the splash screen say you are setting the priority to high?maybe you should try /realtime